Author Topic: El Paso Halts Migrant Buses to NYC, Chicago Until FEMA Sends Money  (Read 176 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
El Paso Halts Migrant Buses to NYC, Chicago Until FEMA Sends Money

RANDY CLARK9 Nov 202255

Despite a recent Biden Administration policy to reduce the number of Venezuelan migrant crossings along the southwest border, shelters and federal detention facility overcrowding is forcing the new arrivals onto El Paso’s streets. Those with the financial means to travel freely are sent to a downtown commercial bus depot. Meanwhile, local officials have paused dedicated buses to Chicago and New York City until federal reimbursements are met.

Despite the reduction in crossings by migrants from Venezuela, those from Nicaragua, Cuba, and a host of other countries have led El Paso to the forefront of border sectors for apprehensions.

El Paso jumped ahead of the Rio Grande Valley and Del Rio Sectors to become the busiest of the nine southwest regions in October, according to a source within CBP. El Paso agents apprehended approximately 53,000 during the month, up from 14,000 in October 2021.

According to a report by El Paso Matters, 600 migrants were released by the Border Patrol onto the streets of El Paso between Friday and Monday. Private shelters in the city were unable to accommodate the releases, according to the report.

https://www.breitbart.com/border/2022/11/09/el-paso-halts-migrant-buses-to-nyc-chicago-until-fema-sends-money/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: El Paso Halts Migrant Buses to NYC, Chicago Until FEMA Sends Money
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2022, 03:04:32 pm »
I've got another idea.  Other Texas cities should send their illegals to El Paso.  It's a democrat stronghold and they love taking care of illegals. :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson