Author Topic: Fossil Fuels for Africa! African Energy Chamber at COP 27  (Read 149 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Fossil Fuels for Africa! African Energy Chamber at COP 27
« on: November 10, 2022, 02:25:53 pm »
Fossil Fuels for Africa! African Energy Chamber at COP 27
By Robert Bradley Jr. -- November 9, 2022

Ed. note: A recent manifesto from NJ Ayuk, Executive Chairman, African Energy Chamber, should be studied by social justice advocates around the world, not only the energy and environmental communities.

“… why should we in Africa give up our fossil fuels – fuels that represent solutions to some of our most pressing needs – when so many others question the wisdom of doing the same? We shouldn’t. And we shouldn’t be forced to.”

“Will fossil fuel development in Africa signal an end to all of the world’s good intentions and net zero ambitions?  Or is this an example of ‘green colonialism’?”

Africans need and deserve affordable, plentiful, reliable energies, not dilute, intermittent, parasitic ones. First class energies for first class people has been a rallying cry here at MasterResource. Paul Driessen, in particular, author of Eco-Imperialism: Green Power, Black Death, has held the banner high on the need for developing nations to employ mineral energies, not expensive, politically correct, inferior wind, solar, and batteries.

https://www.masterresource.org/africa-energy-policy/africa-fossil-fuels-cop27/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson