Author Topic: Adam Kinzinger insists DeSantis not 'the future of the Republican Party' despite midterm gains  (Read 442 times)

Offline libertybele

Adam Kinzinger insists DeSantis not 'the future of the Republican Party' despite midterm gains

Twitter users mocked Illinois Rep. Adam Kinzinger after the Republican insisted Wednesday that Gov. Ron DeSantis, R-Fla., was not the future of his political party.

Kinzinger appeared on CNN’s coverage of the midterm elections speaking with anchor Anderson Cooper about the results from the previous night. One notable focus included DeSantis' landslide victory in Florida and what that could mean for conservatives.

"Governor Ron DeSantis obviously won big in Florida, including getting a lot of Latino votes. Do you think, I mean, do you see him as the future of the Republican Party?" Cooper asked.

"Yeah. Well, I don’t," Kinzinger responded. ...........

https://www.foxnews.com/media/adam-kinzinger-desantis-future-republican-party-despite-midterm-gains
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online LMAO

Does he think he is?????
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline libertybele

Does he think he is?????

I'm not understanding his logic that's for sure. DeSantis is a threat right now to the DEM party -- he is guarded however by a full majority in the state legislature. 

I'm looking for the DEMS to start going after him, but DeSantis is squeaky clean and he's a smart cookie; Harvard and Naval Justice for his educational background.

Don't mess with Ron .... he was quiet for awhile and then he truly evolved into a force to be reckoned with.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline mountaineer

Does he think he is?????
He probably does. He seems to have an incredibly inflated view of his own significance.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline libertybele

He probably does. He seems to have an incredibly inflated view of his own significance.

Oh, so he's an egotistical azzhat.  Got it!  :laugh:

Offline mountaineer

Oh, so he's an egotistical azzhat.  Got it!  :laugh:
Right up there with Swalwell and Ocasio-Cortez.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Hoodat

Adam Kinzinger and Donald Trump agree.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-