Author Topic: What midterm voting results tell us about the economy going forward  (Read 821 times)

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Well we can only hope the rino's don't cross to the otherside on fiscal matters.

Polls are closed across the country, and it seems clear that Republicans will likely take control of at least the House of Representatives, and they have a shot at control of the Senate. While there was no red tsunami, Republicans made gains and, thankfully, we will likely have a divided government for the remainder of the Biden presidency.

So, what does that mean for working- and middle-class Americans? What can Republicans do to turn the economy around with only one – perhaps two – houses of Congress? As it turns out, they can do quite a lot. Let’s look at what might play out economically under each of the likely post-election scenarios. 

First, with a majority in at least the House, Republicans can put an end to the Democrats’ passing the massive spending spree legislation that has been driving inflation and crushing American families (such as the bloated American Rescue Plan and the ironically named Inflation Reduction Act).  That alone will do wonders for the business community, as it will eliminate the current uncertainty about what horribly misguided legislation Democrats will pass next.

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/midterm-voting-results-tell-economy-going-forward
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: What midterm voting results tell us about the economy going forward
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2022, 02:14:13 pm »
We can stop a lot of things if we can secure the House...but McCarthy has got to go!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2022, 02:40:35 pm »
Hope we have enough if we get the House to overcome the RINO vote. I'm no sure that will be the case.

I've come to believe we simply are two countries now, split and unreconcilable. And as long as the Rats end up on top, the pain will continue.

The people made their choices.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2022, 02:40:58 pm »
We can stop a lot of things if we can secure the House...but McCarthy has got to go!

Agreed. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2022, 03:07:25 pm »
While I agree on a National level that McCarthy has to go from a "leadership" position, we don't get many options here in his district.  He's won numerous times with ~65% of the vote.

Either a Rat or a rat... :shrug:
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2022, 06:29:44 pm »
The only chance the GOP has of stopping the Dems is if the GOP House members vote in unity.  They should stand firm and put a stop to automatic budget increases - something Trump offhandedly promised to do in 2016.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2022, 07:22:56 pm »
The only chance the GOP has of stopping the Dems is if the GOP House members vote in unity.  They should stand firm and put a stop to automatic budget increases - something Trump offhandedly promised to do in 2016.

:thumbsup:

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2022, 11:23:06 am »
The midterm rigging ensures one thing for 2023.

D  I  S  A  S  T  E  R  !  !  !

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2022, 03:39:31 pm »
Agreed.

Watching McCarthy doing the Fox News circuit the past few days making himself looking like a conservative almost made me sick.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2022, 08:07:39 pm »

I think almost, if not all of the RINOs who voted to Impeach Trump are gone.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2022, 08:22:33 pm »
I think almost, if not all of the RINOs who voted to Impeach Trump are gone.

You better hope so.  Because if one remains, and the Dems hold 217 House seats, then that RINO becomes the new Speaker.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2022, 08:40:57 pm »
You better hope so.  Because if one remains, and the Dems hold 217 House seats, then that RINO becomes the new Speaker.

Or more likely, votes for a Dem to be speaker, like how Willie Brown retained his Speaker position in a GOP Legislature, years ago.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: