Author Topic: Facing dire recruiting realities, Navy raises max enlistment age to 41  (Read 243 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Facing dire recruiting realities, Navy raises max enlistment age to 41
By Geoff Ziezulewicz
 Nov 7, 02:53 PM

The Navy is raising its age limit for new sailors in the hopes of mitigating a dismal recruiting outlook the military services are currently battling. (Navy)
The Navy raised its maximum enlistment age to 41 on Friday for sailors joining the fleet, a nod to the current recruiting struggles plaguing the entire U.S. military.

Before last week’s policy change, the age cutoff for enlisted sailors was 39, with recruits needing to report to boot camp by their 40th birthday.

Under the change, 41-year-olds must report to recruit training by their 42nd birthday and cannot have previously served in the military.

Certain Navy communities, such as the SEAL and diver worlds, still have age cutoffs that differ from the general enlistment age, Navy Recruiting Command spokesman Cmdr. Dave Benham said in an email.

https://www.navytimes.com/news/your-navy/2022/11/07/facing-dire-recruiting-realities-navy-raises-max-enlistment-age-to-41/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Facing dire recruiting realities, Navy raises max enlistment age to 41
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2022, 12:59:51 pm »
SAD -- PATHETIC -- PITIFUL -- EMBARRASSING!!  :banghead:
« Last Edit: November 08, 2022, 01:00:40 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2022, 01:10:34 pm »
...cannot have previously served in the military.

???.. Not woke enough?

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2022, 02:46:59 pm »
???.. Not woke enough?

That's my guess.  They would be a bad influence and undermine the authorities ability to indoctrinate.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.