Author Topic: Mid-term Election 2022 Live Thread – Welcome to the Party Pal!  (Read 67432 times)

Offline Hoodat

Re: Mid-term Election 2022 Live Thread – Welcome to the Party Pal!
« Reply #1675 on: November 18, 2022, 12:35:08 am »
Boebert leads by 551 votes.  Votes counted today (3,957) represent 1.2% of total votes tallied.

Estimated vote in at start of day - 99%
Estimated vote in at end of day  - 99%
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1676 on: November 18, 2022, 01:31:45 am »
Boebert lead down to 543.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #1677 on: November 18, 2022, 07:01:16 am »
Boebert:  "We won!   I am so thankful for all of your support and I am so proud to be your Representative!"  (Video)

https://mobile.twitter.com/laurenboebert/status/1593443357514207234

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #1678 on: November 18, 2022, 10:08:14 am »
Boebert:  "We won!   I am so thankful for all of your support and I am so proud to be your Representative!"  (Video)

https://mobile.twitter.com/laurenboebert/status/1593443357514207234

I love when you bring good news riv!

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1679 on: November 18, 2022, 02:13:33 pm »
8:27 pm MST, the last batch of votes for yesterday came in.  Only 34 votes, but it was the only one of the day where Boebert got more than Frisch.

Boebert leads by 551 votes.  Still showing 99% votes in.  We'll see what happens today.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

• Technical
« Reply #1680 on: November 18, 2022, 02:23:49 pm »
8:27 pm MST, the last batch of votes for yesterday came in.  Only 34 votes, but it was the only one of the day where Boebert got more than Frisch.

Boebert leads by 551 votes.  Still showing 99% votes in.  We'll see what happens today.

I did hear automatic recount.

Offline Idiot

« Reply #1681 on: November 18, 2022, 03:09:03 pm »
I did hear automatic recount.
She'll lose then.  It just tends to happen....

• Technical
« Reply #1682 on: November 18, 2022, 04:37:58 pm »
She'll lose then.  It just tends to happen....

Actually I believe the recounts usually back up the initial result. Don't quote me on that however.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1683 on: November 18, 2022, 04:41:02 pm »
Actually I believe the recounts usually back up the initial result. Don't quote me on that however.

The old rule of thumb is 50% doesn't change things, 25 it does, in favor of Dems, and 25% in favor of GOP.

Now, it helps Dems almost exclusively. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1684 on: November 18, 2022, 04:54:35 pm »
Connecticut:

Democrat Sarah Keitt Claims Victory In 134th House District Race

The race between Keitt and Republican Meghan McCloat came down to a recount, which McCloat is contesting with an elections complaint.

Alfred Branch  |  Nov 16, 2022  |  5:56 pm ET

FAIRFIELD, CT — Democrat Sarah Keitt claimed victory Wednesday in the state's 134th House District race, defeating Republican challenger Meghan McCloat by less than a dozen votes following a recount.

According to unofficial numbers from the Secretary of State's office, Keitt garnered 5,143 votes, while McCloat received 5,133. The district represents parts of Fairfield and Trumbull.

In Fairfield, Keitt unofficially received 3,697 votes, compared to McCloat's 3,657. The unofficial Trumbull tally was 1,446 for Keitt, and 1,476 for McCloat.

Keitt carried Fairfield, the hometown of both candidates, by 40 votes, while McCloat had a 30-vote edge in Trumbull, which ultimately was not enough for the victory.

"The voters have spoken," Keitt said in a statement. "After all of the ballots were carefully tallied and meticulously re-counted, I am thrilled to announce that I have won the race for State Representative in Connecticut’s 134th House district by 10 votes. This result demonstrates the truth of the statement, 'EVERY vote matters.'"

For her part, McCloat said she has drafted a complaint with the State Elections Enforcement Commission against Fairfield Democratic Registrar Matthew Waggner, who McCloat accused of violating "multiple Connecticut State Election Laws that constitute Prohibited Acts according to Chapter 151 of the Connecticut General Statutes."

McCloat did not provide a copy of the draft complaint to Patch, but said that the "evidentiary attachments" would be made public in the event of an SEEC investigation.

"Alleged violations include unnecessary printing of photocopied ballots, improper chain of custody of official ballots, false statements on certificates and returns, improper voter count without an official moderator present, and tampering with ballots among other violations," McCloat said in a statement. "These violations, if corroborated, carry criminal penalties and should be the subject of investigation by the State Elections Enforcement Commission."

https://patch.com/connecticut/fairfield/democrat-sarah-keitt-claims-victory-134th-house-district-race

The election day count had Keitt trailing by 113 votes.  Keitt called McCloat to concede the election.  But eight days later, the cities of Trumbull and Fairfield announced that they had discovered batches of ballots that had not been counted.  These new ballots put Keitt ahead.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1685 on: November 18, 2022, 05:06:31 pm »
Crunching numbers on the Connecticut race above:

Changes made on Wednesday:

Trumbull - Keitt gained 6 votes.  McClout zero votes.

Fairfield - Keitt gained 102 votes.  McClout gained 83 votes.  There are still 88 votes unaccounted for.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online DB

« Reply #1686 on: November 18, 2022, 05:08:16 pm »
There's no way to connect a ballot to a voter for any kind of meaningful audit.

So ballots provide a ripe opportunity for fraud for those so inclined. It's a system of trust...

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1687 on: November 18, 2022, 05:15:36 pm »

So ballots provide a ripe opportunity for fraud for those so inclined. It's a system of trust...

Back during the 2020 recount here in Georgia, I asked why they weren't checking signatures on absentee ballots.  In the mail-in process, you put your ballot inside a special envelope, sign the envelope, and then put that envelope inside another to be mailed.  The original intent was that the ballot would remain attached to the signature envelope.  But what happens is they open both envelopes to extract the ballot, and then throw away the envelopes.  At that point, there is no way to match a signature to a ballot.

If you recall the photo showing envelopes in a garbage can about to be loaded into a shredder truck.  That was at Jim Miller Park in Cobb county which is where I was having the conversation with the GOP official above.  And here we are two years later.  And not a single GOP party leader has done a damn thing to ensure that the proper procedures are followed for checking signatures for mail-in ballots.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #1688 on: November 18, 2022, 05:18:10 pm »

There is in Iowa, and there should be in every state.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1689 on: November 18, 2022, 05:21:31 pm »
In Georgia, mail-in ballots have a QR code.  Regular ballots do not.  So this means a person can vote twice - once with mail in and once on election day.  It's not legal.  But the previous election proved that not only do people do it, but they get away with it, too.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1690 on: November 18, 2022, 05:56:31 pm »

We have a long tradition of secret ballots in the USA.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #1691 on: November 18, 2022, 06:04:42 pm »

:yowsa: And until very recently we had a long tradition of counting ballots cast in the precincts where they were cast on election day with both parties fully represented. The actual ballots were then preserved, with full chain of custody in case there was a need to revisit them. We no longer have that and things have gone to hell as a result. @Cyber Liberty 
« Last Edit: November 18, 2022, 06:13:54 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

• Technical
« Reply #1692 on: November 18, 2022, 06:09:43 pm »
The election day count had Keitt trailing by 113 votes.  Keitt called McCloat to concede the election.  But eight days later, the cities of Trumbull and Fairfield announced that they had discovered batches of ballots that had not been counted.  These new ballots put Keitt ahead.

Un bleep real.

Online DB

« Reply #1693 on: November 18, 2022, 06:11:46 pm »

Agreed. That's why it is a system of trust. Once ballots are in the hands of the managers/counters a lot can go on with no possible way to audit them. Ballots can be swapped out from select regions and no one will be the wiser. Especially if a ballot can be printed on command by those in charge. You can recount the ballots all you like and it won't expose what was done.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #1694 on: November 18, 2022, 06:15:28 pm »
Agreed. That's why it is a system of trust. Once ballots are in the hands of the managers/counters a lot can go on with no possible way to audit them. Ballots can be swapped out from select regions and no one will be the wiser. Especially if a ballot can be printed on command by those in charge. You can recount the ballots all you like and it won't expose what was done.

See my post above. @DB
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #1695 on: November 18, 2022, 06:17:21 pm »
Especially if a ballot can be printed on command by those in charge.

And if you allow a week or more for mailed ballots to 'come in,' you can simply take a registered voted list to see who hasn't voted, and create a ballot for them.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #1696 on: November 18, 2022, 06:59:42 pm »
Sarah Palin
@SarahPalinUSA
· 1h

Alaskans for Honest Government launched a citizens initiative to repeal ranked choice voting. I was honored to be the first to sign the petition.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1697 on: November 18, 2022, 07:30:02 pm »
Sarah Palin
@SarahPalinUSA
· 1h

Alaskans for Honest Government launched a citizens initiative to repeal ranked choice voting. I was honored to be the first to sign the petition.

Ranked choice voting could end up getting Palin elected.  We'll see how she feels about it once December gets here.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

• Technical
« Reply #1698 on: November 18, 2022, 07:31:34 pm »
Ranked choice voting could end up getting Palin elected.  We'll see how she feels about it once December gets here.

Maybe right of center folks will actually turn up now that they realize the red wave was vaporware?

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1699 on: November 18, 2022, 07:42:51 pm »
Maybe right of center folks will actually turn up now that they realize the red wave was vaporware?

Too late, the election is over.  There won't be another.  Ranked choice voting means that each voter ranks the candidates in order of preference.  When the ballots are counted, they first look at everyone's #1 preference.  If no one ends up with 50%, they eliminate the 4th place candidate and move their #2 choice up to #1.  They then count again.  Again, if no one ends up over 50%, they then eliminate the 3rd place candidate and move the preferences of those ballots up.

The sole purpose of ranked choice voting is to ensure that Lisa Murkowski gets re-elected.  That's it.  No other reason.  Murkowski hasn't won a majority of the Alaska vote since her first election.  This way, Democrat voters can place her as their #2 choice, so that their votes switch from Dem candidate to Murkowski to block a Conservative Republican from winning.  It basically allows people a do-over on their vote if their candidate comes in 3rd or 4th place.

For Palin's race, the Dem has around 48% followed by Palin at 26% and Begich at 24%.  As long as all the Begich voters chose the other Republican (Palin) as their second choice, she could win.  The Libertarian candidate has about 1.7%, so they could be the spoilers.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-