Author Topic: Mid-term Election 2022 Live Thread – Welcome to the Party Pal!  (Read 67292 times)

Offline DB

Re: Mid-term Election 2022 Live Thread – Welcome to the Party Pal!
« Reply #1575 on: November 16, 2022, 04:05:57 pm »
I don't know why the major nets haven't updated the Repubs lead...they sure have the Dems at 209

https://results.decisiondeskhq.com/national/2022-house

While it is "undetermined" they all get more clicks of people checking the status of the races. More clicks, more advertising revenue.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #1576 on: November 16, 2022, 04:11:09 pm »
Well this takes us back down to 218....they magically found 24 votes...

Democrat Overturns Republican Victory in House Seat After Recount - Wins by 1 Vote

By Jack Davis  November 15, 2022 at 4:34

The power given to every American voter was displayed in New Hampshire on Monday with a recount showing the candidate who trailed on Election Day winning her state House seat by one vote.

Before Monday’s recount, Republican Larry Gagne led Democrat Maxine Mosley by 23 votes. The recount gave the race to Mosley, 1,799 to  1,798, according to Newsweek.

“I will say strongly that this race clearly affirms that each-and-every vote does count and that our obligation to vote is foundational for our democracy,” Mosley said.

https://twitter.com/baseballot/status/1592264187799080960

Gagne had a different perspective.

“It’s very unusual, especially in Manchester with the machines we have to make up 24 votes, we were winning by 23. I don’t know what happened,” he said, according to ManchesterInkLink.

Gagne indicated he was not inclined to take the issue to the state’s Ballot Law Commission, according to the Manchester Union-Leader.

“It’s God’s will, that’s my current thinking,” Gagne said during a brief interview.

more
https://www.westernjournal.com/democrat-overturns-republican-victory-house-seat-recount-wins-1-vote/?utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=PostSideSharingButtons&utm_campaign=websitesharingbuttons
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1577 on: November 16, 2022, 04:19:53 pm »
Well this takes us back down to 218....they magically found 24 votes...

Will Infantine, a Republican who won the other state House seat from Hillsborough 16, said he thought the appeal should be made, noting that both Republican candidates lost the same number of votes in the recount.

“Clearly, there’s something wrong here. We just don’t magically both lose 22 votes like that,” Infantine said.

Exactly 22 votes in two separate races.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #1578 on: November 16, 2022, 04:22:42 pm »
Of 11 remaining races here are the ones that are plausibly un-loseable for the GOP minus stealing and Monkey Business

(1) CA 3-  53-47%, with 56% in for Kiley (GOP)

Most populus county (Placer) is (1) least count (42%), and (2)has broke significantly for the GOP 56%-44%  There is no reason on earth not to call this race for the GOP.

(2) CA 27- 54-46%, with 72% counted. Def. advantage to garcia (GOP) 

Dim candiate will have to win >60% of remaining vote to pull this one out.

(3) CO- 3.  50.2-49.8%

All the vote is in....  Call it for Boebert for goodness sake.

CA-47 is still in play.  This is Orange County, and if conservative precints are under-reported at this point, this race might flip.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #1579 on: November 16, 2022, 04:33:06 pm »
I have no idea what our number is now..is it 217 because of NH...?

I believe that was the NH state legislature. I'm sorry the NH General Court as it's called here.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2022, 04:33:57 pm by Weird Tolkienish Figure »

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #1580 on: November 16, 2022, 04:35:54 pm »
Are these two R losses in the NH state legislature...I can't find anything on Decision Desk
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #1581 on: November 16, 2022, 04:36:29 pm »
I believe that was the NH state legislature. I'm sorry the NH General Court as it's called here.

Okay thank you...that's what I thought..
Support the USO

• Technical
« Reply #1582 on: November 16, 2022, 04:41:23 pm »
GOP needs to stop conceding. I was sorta against the stop the steal movement in 2020. I'm coming around this time around.

However, I do think in the long term it suppresses turnout.

Election counts should be 96 hours max. Less than .5% difference automatic recount. Paper ballots.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1583 on: November 16, 2022, 04:44:20 pm »
Are these two R losses in the NH state legislature...I can't find anything on Decision Desk

Yes.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online libertybele

« Reply #1584 on: November 16, 2022, 05:15:51 pm »
OK @mystery-ak @Hoodat  I am confused. I'm just turning on the computer and noticed that FOX is saying that the Republicans are one seat away from the majority?  I thought yesterday that it was announced that the Republicans had taken control of the House.

I read some of the posts and I am still confused.  What the heck happened now??
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #1585 on: November 16, 2022, 05:23:10 pm »
GOP needs to stop conceding. I was sorta against the stop the steal movement in 2020. I'm coming around this time around.

However, I do think in the long term it suppresses turnout.

Election counts should be 96 hours max. Less than .5% difference automatic recount. Paper ballots.

:thumbsup:

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1586 on: November 16, 2022, 06:20:29 pm »
OK @mystery-ak @Hoodat  I am confused. I'm just turning on the computer and noticed that FOX is saying that the Republicans are one seat away from the majority?  I thought yesterday that it was announced that the Republicans had taken control of the House.

The Democrats are still counting votes.  I wouldn't make any assumptions on there being a GOP majority in the House.  And even if the Dems end up with only 217 seats, they only need to convince one GOP member to be their next Speaker.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #1587 on: November 16, 2022, 06:42:42 pm »

Decision Desk has announced 2 Ca races called for Repubs making it 219....Lots of media are reporting it 
but I don't know why Fox and the other MSM isn't....
Support the USO

Online libertybele

« Reply #1588 on: November 16, 2022, 06:42:53 pm »
The Democrats are still counting votes.  I wouldn't make any assumptions on there being a GOP majority in the House.  And even if the Dems end up with only 217 seats, they only need to convince one GOP member to be their next Speaker.

Gottcha.  As I presumed the DEMS are not going to give up their control and power.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2022, 06:44:22 pm by libertybele »

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online libertybele

« Reply #1589 on: November 16, 2022, 06:43:56 pm »
Decision Desk has announced 2 Ca races called for Repubs making it 219....Lots of media are reporting it 
but I don't know why Fox and the other MSM isn't....

The DEMS aren't done counting.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #1590 on: November 16, 2022, 06:44:09 pm »

@libertybele

The reason for the confusion is that Decision Desk (and Townhall, reporting from the same source) called CA-3 for the Republicans.

That was yesterday, and to the moment, no one else is willing to do the same.

The current vote totals, from Real Clear Politics looks like this:
CA District 3Jones (D) 47.2Kiley (R) 52.8    (56% Reporting)

Decision Desk has also called this race:

CA-22
Last updated:11/16/2022, 1:46:05 PM

David Valadao (R)  52.43%
Rudy Salas     (D)  47.57%

But no one else has done so.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2022, 06:50:09 pm by andy58-in-nh »
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #1591 on: November 16, 2022, 06:45:59 pm »
@libertybele go back and read page 63...
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #1592 on: November 16, 2022, 06:51:31 pm »
Where do the uncalled House races stand as GOP nears majority?
Nine congressional races remain uncalled with control of the House hanging in the balance

AK-AL - Alaska's At Large Congressional District has been rated by Fox News' Power Rankings as "lean Democratic" due to the state's newly implemented ranked-choice voting system giving incumbent Democrat Rep. Mary Peltola an advantage against her Republican opponents, former Gov. Sarah Palin and Nick Begich. Peltola led in the first round of the vote, with Palin in second and Begich in third, but failed to secure 50%, meaning those who voted for the candidate with the least number of votes will have their second choice vote reallocated to the other candidates until one reaches 50%. The second round tabulation is scheduled to take place Wednesday, Nov. 23.

ME-02 - Maine similarly implemented a ranked-choice voting system following a state-wide referendum in 2016. Incumbent Democratic Rep. Jared Golden failed to reach 50% of the vote last week, but is currently leading former Republican Congressman Bruce Poliquin, who represented the district from 2015 to 2019. The second round tabulation is scheduled for Tuesday, Nov. 15. Fox News' Power Rankings has rated the race as a toss-up.

CA-03 - Republican Kevin Kiley holds a commanding lead over Democrat Kermit Jones; however, approximately only a little over half of ballots have been counted in the "likely Republican" race. California accepts mail-ballots for the week following Election Day, although the ballots must be postmarked by Election Day. The ballots must also go through a signature verification process before being counted.

CA-13 - This toss-up race is among the tightest remaining as Republican John Duarte narrowly leads Democrat Adam Gray by less than 800 votes.

CA-22 - In another tight race, incumbent Republican Rep. David Valadao leads Democratic challenger Rudy Salas by more than 3,000 votes. Fox News' Power rankings has rated the race as a toss-up.

CA-27 - Incumbent Republican Rep. Mike Garcia holds a commanding lead over Democratic challenger Christy Smith by a little more than 13,000 votes in the "lean Republican" seat.

CA-47 - Incumbent Democratic Rep. Katie Porter leads Republican challenger Scott Baugh by less than 3,000 votes in this toss-up race.

CA-49 - This toss-up race currently has incumbent Democratic Rep. Mike Levin leading Republican challenger Brian Maryott by a little more than 13,000 votes.

CO-03 - Incumbent Republican Rep. Lauren Boebert was not expected to have such a close race with her Democratic opponent, Adam Frisch, in the "likely Republican" seat. However, the one-term congresswoman is narrowly leading the vote count by a little more than 1,000 votes. Mail-in ballots from out of state and overseas military service members can arrive as late as Wednesday as long as they were postmarked by Election Day, meaning the count could continue into later this week.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/balance-of-power-where-do-the-uncalled-house-races-stand-as-gop-nears-majority

This is the 218

https://twitter.com/KevinKileyCA/status/1592664637819932673

and this is 219

Mike Garcia Beats Christy Smith for the Third Time in the CA-27 Race
By Jennifer Oliver O'Connell | 10:00 PM on November 15, 2022

Third time’s a charm for Rep. Mike Garcia (R-CA27); not so much for former Assemblywoman and perpetual politician Christy Smith. The congressional incumbent has won his race 54 percent to 45 percent. This is a resounding victory for Garcia, and another embarrassing defeat for Smith.

While Decision Desk HQ called the race on Tuesday evening (November 15th), with a sizeable lead after the polls closed on November 8, Garcia declared victory in a tweet on November 9.

Either Garcia knew something others did not, or he simply was tweaking his opponent, who tweaks quite easily. Smith responded in a long, rambling tweet thread where, while not conceding the race, she acknowledged that margins had narrowed significantly enough that when all the votes were finally counted, Garcia would still hold his seat. Now it is a declaration fulfilled. Garcia’s win brings the GOP House Majority to 219 seats.

more
https://redstate.com/jenniferoo/2022/11/15/mike-garcia-beats-christy-smith-for-the-third-time-in-the-ca-27-race-n655961
« Last Edit: November 16, 2022, 06:53:39 pm by mystery-ak »
Support the USO

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1593 on: November 16, 2022, 06:56:47 pm »
Gottcha.  As I presumed the DEMS are not going to give up their control and power.

They'll give up the Speaker position as long as the 'right' Republican fills it.  Like McCarthy, for example.  One thing is for sure.  If Marjorie Taylor Greene had come out the winner in that GOP Speaker vote, you can bet fo' true that no one would be calling any of these last elections for the GOP candidate. 

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1594 on: November 16, 2022, 06:58:54 pm »
California accepts mail-ballots for the week following Election Day, although the ballots must be postmarked by Election Day. The ballots must also go through a signature verification process before being counted.

We have that same law on the books here in Georgia.  But they stopped doing that in 2020.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online libertybele

« Reply #1595 on: November 16, 2022, 07:34:04 pm »
@libertybele

The reason for the confusion is that Decision Desk (and Townhall, reporting from the same source) called CA-3 for the Republicans.

That was yesterday, and to the moment, no one else is willing to do the same.

The current vote totals, from Real Clear Politics looks like this:
CA District 3Jones (D) 47.2Kiley (R) 52.8    (56% Reporting)

Decision Desk has also called this race:

CA-22
Last updated:11/16/2022, 1:46:05 PM

David Valadao (R)  52.43%
Rudy Salas     (D)  47.57%

But no one else has done so.

Thank you @andy58-in-nh

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #1596 on: November 16, 2022, 08:16:03 pm »
Do it!

Charlie Kirk
@charliekirk11
·
1h
The Rubicon has been crossed. I don't like it, but its time to win. We will build the most sophisticated and aggressive legal ballot harvesting operation in America and never let this garbage happen again.
Support the USO

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #1597 on: November 16, 2022, 08:22:22 pm »
Do it!

Charlie Kirk
@charliekirk11
·
1h
The Rubicon has been crossed. I don't like it, but its time to win. We will build the most sophisticated and aggressive legal ballot harvesting operation in America and never let this garbage happen again.

:thumbsup:

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #1598 on: November 16, 2022, 08:36:58 pm »
Inevitably comes the desire to cheat better than they do  **nononono*

• Technical
« Reply #1599 on: November 16, 2022, 08:38:53 pm »
Yosemite Sam or foghorn leghorn?

If you can’t beat ‘em join em!