Author Topic: Mid-term Election 2022 Live Thread – Welcome to the Party Pal!  (Read 67341 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Mid-term Election 2022 Live Thread – Welcome to the Party Pal!
« Reply #1550 on: November 15, 2022, 11:29:18 pm »
Election machines reported more votes than actual number of ballots in two Va. precincts: report | Just The News

https://justthenews.com/politics-policy/elections/election-machines-reported-more-votes-actual-number-ballots-two-va?utm_source=sf&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=twjs

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #1551 on: November 15, 2022, 11:36:12 pm »
« Last Edit: November 15, 2022, 11:38:09 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

« Reply #1552 on: November 15, 2022, 11:37:45 pm »
With McCarthy as Speaker I don't expect anything positive.  Deals I'm sure have already been made.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1554 on: November 15, 2022, 11:58:41 pm »
Cyber laments:
"I agree.  I give up."

Time to sell that "castle" of yours, and look for a nice house in Florida...

Nope. I love the heat here. Digging in.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1556 on: November 16, 2022, 12:51:23 am »
With McCarthy as Speaker I don't expect anything positive.  Deals I'm sure have already been made.

It's really disappointing, too.  His record-breaking speech on the House floor a while back was legendary.  If only he applied it to his regular job.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Offline libertybele

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #1559 on: November 16, 2022, 01:20:41 am »
Nope. I love the heat here. Digging in.

Well, from the pictures that you have posted, you have a very nice piece of property that sits high enough to see anyone coming from a distance.  Beautiful sunsets and beautiful cacti blooms.  I wouldn't want to move either. Who knows what tomorrow will bring; I say enjoy your castle.  :beer:

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Offline libertybele

« Reply #1561 on: November 16, 2022, 02:05:15 am »

https://twitter.com/_Tien_Giang/status/1592660252029513728

Interesting; unless the headlines are buried I don't see either FOX or CNN declaring that the GOP has won the House.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1562 on: November 16, 2022, 02:24:05 am »
Interesting; unless the headlines are buried I don't see either FOX or CNN declaring that the GOP has won the House.

If the numbers were reversed, they would definitely be declaring that the Dems won the House.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #1563 on: November 16, 2022, 02:29:38 am »

https://twitter.com/_Tien_Giang/status/1592660252029513728

I am not as old as many, but I do remember a time when it was considered a time when it was considered almost impossible to flip the House, because it hadn't been done since the 50's (pre-Newt Gingrich).

So that is a good accomplishment.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #1564 on: November 16, 2022, 02:32:46 am »
Plus 9 seats... that sort of is a wave. A mini-wave.

NOthing to sneeze at.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #1566 on: November 16, 2022, 03:00:28 am »
Just great. Two more years of fu cking shit.  Trump is the biggest ass hole who ever lived. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #1567 on: November 16, 2022, 08:38:47 am »
Just great. Two more years of fu cking shit.  Trump is the biggest ass hole who ever lived.
:silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly:

Seriously, the Democrats have armies of bigger ass holes.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #1568 on: November 16, 2022, 09:49:52 am »
Vulcan observes (about AZ):
"With a GOP Governor and AG, both houses of the legislature GOP"

Won't be for much longer, if things keep goin' the way they're goin' in Arizona.

Based on the results of November 8th that we see with our own eyes, Arizona is "sinkin' into the blue".

Sinking faster than another "Arizona" did on December 7, 1941.

Object to what I've posted above?
Whaddaya gonna do about it?

Ducey could do something right now if he chooses, like Abbott, but he's AWOL.
The Republic is lost.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #1569 on: November 16, 2022, 02:40:44 pm »
Mike Garcia Beats Christy Smith for the Third Time in the CA-27 Race
By Jennifer Oliver O'Connell | 10:00 PM on November 15, 2022

Third time’s a charm for Rep. Mike Garcia (R-CA27); not so much for former Assemblywoman and perpetual politician Christy Smith. The congressional incumbent has won his race 54 percent to 45 percent. This is a resounding victory for Garcia, and another embarrassing defeat for Smith.

While Decision Desk HQ called the race on Tuesday evening (November 15th), with a sizeable lead after the polls closed on November 8, Garcia declared victory in a tweet on November 9.

Either Garcia knew something others did not, or he simply was tweaking his opponent, who tweaks quite easily. Smith responded in a long, rambling tweet thread where, while not conceding the race, she acknowledged that margins had narrowed significantly enough that when all the votes were finally counted, Garcia would still hold his seat. Now it is a declaration fulfilled. Garcia’s win brings the GOP House Majority to 219 seats.

more
https://redstate.com/jenniferoo/2022/11/15/mike-garcia-beats-christy-smith-for-the-third-time-in-the-ca-27-race-n655961
Support the USO

Online andy58-in-nh

« Reply #1570 on: November 16, 2022, 02:43:48 pm »
I cannot help but notice that Decision Desk is the ONLY outfit to have called the US House for the GOP, to this point.  Absolutely no one else has done that so far. Still nervous.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #1571 on: November 16, 2022, 02:52:47 pm »
I cannot help but notice that Decision Desk is the ONLY outfit to have called the US House for the GOP, to this point.  Absolutely no one else has done that so far. Still nervous.

Nervous?? I'm not a bit nervous! I'm in full blown Eddie Chiles mode!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #1572 on: November 16, 2022, 03:05:44 pm »

They'll wait till Saturday, so it'll receive minimal press coverage.  Relax...  we aren't going to lose 11 of 11, when we are leading in about half of them.

Even Pedo Joe slipped yesterday, and admitted the GOP got the House.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2022, 04:02:41 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #1573 on: November 16, 2022, 03:10:16 pm »

I don't know why the major nets haven't updated the Repubs lead...they sure have the Dems at 209

https://results.decisiondeskhq.com/national/2022-house
« Last Edit: November 16, 2022, 03:11:26 pm by mystery-ak »
Support the USO

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1574 on: November 16, 2022, 03:56:45 pm »
I was just listening to Glenn Beck.  He was interviewing one of the GOP Reps who voted against McCarthy.  Didn't catch the Rep's name.  But he said that it is highly unlikely that McCarthy becomes Speaker, since that will require 218 votes.  With 38 Republicans (around 18%) opposed, they will have to find someone else who can garner full support.

Of course McCarthy could cut a deal with the Dems to get their votes before the full House.  But let's hope it doesn't come to that.  Ideally, McCarthy would have a Mount Sinai moment and transform into someone willing to fight Democrats instead of compromising with them.  We'll see what happens.  But if it comes down to a 218-217 split, then the Democrats along with one Republican choose the next Speaker. 

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-