Author Topic: Mid-term Election 2022 Live Thread – Welcome to the Party Pal!  (Read 67305 times)

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Mid-term Election 2022 Live Thread – Welcome to the Party Pal!
« Reply #1325 on: November 13, 2022, 05:48:00 pm »
I'm fully cognizant of Trump's personality flaws @DB my question to @corbe and now you remains.

What could Trump could have done solely on his own to fix the illegal ballots problem in some states?

Considering the Constitution calls for the States to follow the election rules and laws set forth by the several States' legislatures, Trump could have only called for cleaning up that political landscape (by the states themselves), and appointed judges who would enforce the Constitutional constraints that require any changes to come from the legislature, and not some edict by an appointee or executive branch flunky within the State Government. Where the law is breaking down is that changes are made in violation of the Constitution, yet no one is enforcing the Constitution, up to and including SCOTUS in 2020.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1326 on: November 13, 2022, 05:49:17 pm »
His signature line from his "reality" TV show was "You're fired!"

Yet he never fired Fauci.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #1327 on: November 13, 2022, 05:53:25 pm »
Considering the Constitution calls for the States to follow the election rules and laws set forth by the several States' legislatures, Trump could have only called for cleaning up that political landscape (by the states themselves), and appointed judges who would enforce the Constitutional constraints that require any changes to come from the legislature, and not some edict by an appointee or executive branch flunky within the State Government. Where the law is breaking down is that changes are made in violation of the Constitution, yet no one is enforcing the Constitution, up to and including SCOTUS in 2020.

:yowsa: That is ALL 100% correct @Smokin Joe what was left of this once great republic was lost on December 11, 2020 and all the crying and teeth gnashing currently going on is purely academic. The USA as we have known it is dead as a post!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online berdie

« Reply #1328 on: November 13, 2022, 05:55:01 pm »
No.  Currently she is in 2nd place behind Tshibaka.  But now Democrat Chesbro and Republican Kelly voters get to choose which of the two they prefer.  That's about 12.4% of the total vote.

There's a gap of about 3000 votes between Tshibaka and Murkowski.  Tshibaka would need at least 32% of those Democrat voters to win.  But seeing how Murkowski endorsed the Democrat candidate in the House race, i suspect all the Dems will choose her over Tshibaka.

Thanks, @Hoodat . Although I don't know anything about Tshibaka...I was hoping Murkowski would be able to stay home for a while. I must have read incorrectly.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #1329 on: November 13, 2022, 05:55:57 pm »
Yet he never fired Fauci.

He would have been impeached and removed from office had he done that IMHO. He was walking a tightrope.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #1330 on: November 13, 2022, 06:00:37 pm »
RCP has called OR-5 for the GOP....  But no one else has.  in my analysis I thought this would break "D". If this is a true call, then number realigns to 219-216 GOP. 

I wonder who runs their electoral desk.  So...too early to celebrate yet, on that seat, but at least one tad of good news to finally get us off that 211 number we have been stuck on for 3 days.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1331 on: November 13, 2022, 06:08:56 pm »

Thanks, @Hoodat . Although I don't know anything about Tshibaka...I was hoping Murkowski would be able to stay home for a while. I must have read incorrectly.

Tshibaka is one of us.

It is difficult to make projections since 20% of the vote is still out.  But this is what we have so far:

Kelly Tshibaka (R)
44.2%

Lisa Murkowski* (R)
42.8%

Patricia Chesbro (D)
9.5%

Buzz Kelley (R)
2.9%

Let's assume that all of Buzz Kelley's voters are anti-Murkowski and choose Tshibaka as second choice.  Then we have:

Kelly Tshibaka (R)

Lisa Murkowski* (R)

Patricia Chesbro (D)

Murkowski would then need 73% of Chesbro voters to have chosen her as second choice over Tshibaka to win.  The likelihood of that happening is high.

These rules were put in place for one reason and one reason only - to help get Murkowski re-elected.  She has never won a majority of Alaska's vote in any Senate race she has ever run.  But Mitch McConnell likes her so much that he openly violated GOP Party rules to fund her campaign.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #1332 on: November 13, 2022, 06:09:17 pm »
…yet many on our side are still casting blame at Trump for the failed house and senate seats.

Which is true even in the broadest sense.

If we actually had free and fair elections in this country, a radical democrat agenda wouldn’t stand a chance at the ballot box.  We are still a largely conservative country and deserve conservative representatives, but will probably never get it until we fix the broken electoral system.

Which will never, ever happen with a populist movement (Hence Tumpy to blame even in the broadest sense.). The only thing that will fix it is a swelling, ground-up, grassroots movement. For that you need a rank and file, and a long term agenda... Both of which are utterly absent and impossible in populist movements.

Populism is distraction. Shiny sh*t.

TEA Party.
Turn back to Conservatism.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #1333 on: November 13, 2022, 06:15:05 pm »
Tshibaka is one of us.

These rules were put in place for one reason and one reason only - to help get Murkowski re-elected.  She has never won a majority of Alaska's vote in any Senate race she has ever run.  But Mitch McConnell likes her so much that he openly violated GOP Party rules to fund her campaign.

I've never bothered to try learn AK's stupid electoral system, but from your vantage point, and all this double/triple ranking/runoff  garbage, does Tshibaka win?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1334 on: November 13, 2022, 06:15:25 pm »
He would have been impeached and removed from office had he done that IMHO. He was walking a tightrope.

I strongly disagree.  Impeached?  So what.  Removed from office?  Not a chance.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1335 on: November 13, 2022, 06:16:35 pm »
I've never bothered to try AK's stupid electoral system, but from your vantage point, and all this double/triple ranking/runoff  garbage, does Tshibaka win?

If more than 73% of Dems ranked Murkowski over Tshibaka, then no.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #1336 on: November 13, 2022, 06:18:06 pm »
I strongly disagree.  Impeached?  So what.  Removed from office?  Not a chance.

I guess we'll never know but I think you are wrong. That is the one thing that would have done it. @Hoodat

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1337 on: November 13, 2022, 06:18:29 pm »
On the flip side, if all the Begich voters chose Palin as their second choice, she wins.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #1338 on: November 13, 2022, 06:20:40 pm »
If more than 73% of Dems ranked Murkowski over Tshibaka, then no.

That is insane.  Running a senate campain like a sports MVP award.  Sheesh

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #1339 on: November 13, 2022, 06:27:49 pm »
Rich Baris "The People's Pundit"
@Peoples_Pundit
·
1h
In Maricopa and Pima, officials are absolutely cooperating with observers (lawyers). Nobody is hiding anything or any part of the process from either party reps.

Everyone should know that.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online corbe

« Reply #1341 on: November 13, 2022, 06:32:27 pm »
   IMHO, He can't f*k it up any worse than it will more than likely be.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #1342 on: November 13, 2022, 06:32:56 pm »

Exactly Bigun  And Mike Pence would have been the star witness for the prosecution.  We know this because Pence refused to do anything about Fauci each time Trump asked.

Remember:  Trump appointed Pence the head of the COVID commission,  Pence brought in Fauci (and Birx) and both reported directly to him.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #1343 on: November 13, 2022, 06:39:40 pm »
Exactly Bigun  And Mike Pence would have been the star witness for the prosecution.  We know this because Pence refused to do anything about Fauci each time Trump asked.

Remember:  Trump appointed Pence the head of the COVID commission,  Pence brought in Fauci (and Birx) and both reported directly to him.

I've said about all I have to say here this morning. After much thought and prayer, I have decided that henceforth whatever energy and resources I have remaining will be spent on returning Texas to her former status as an independent republic.  I wish only the best for all of you here.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online corbe

« Reply #1344 on: November 13, 2022, 06:42:34 pm »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #1345 on: November 13, 2022, 07:40:33 pm »
Here's Where the House Race Stands With Yet Another GOP Flip
By Nick Arama | 12:30 PM on November 13, 2022

It has seemed that they’re slow-walking the calls for the outstanding races in the House, even when some of them are separated by more than a couple of points. It’s five days after the election and we still don’t know the results for control of the House. I last updated this two days ago. But if there’s anything that needs to be addressed going forward, it’s this concept being pushed that it’s somehow normal to take “days” or even “weeks” to get to a result in the election.

We now have another official call from Decision Desk in the OR-5 race. Republican Lori Chavez-DeRemer defeats Democrat Jamie McLeod-Skinner, 51.4 to 48.86. That’s another Republican flip for the House.

https://twitter.com/DecisionDeskHQ/status/1591818922784952322

According to RealClearPolitics, the current numbers are Republicans, 212 to Democrats, 204. Republicans need 218 for the majority.

These are the races that are still out there to be called. Below, I note if the race has already been called by Decision Desk, it lists the district and then whether the Republican (R) or Democrat (D) is currently leading.

House Races

Alaska
1 D

Arizona
1 D
6 R Ciscomani 51-49 (called by Decision Desk)

California
3 R
9 D
13 R
21 D
22 R
26 D
27 R
34 D
41 R
45 R
47 D
49 D

Colorado
3 R

Maine
2 D

New Mexico
2 D

NY
22 R

OR
6 D

That means that there are still 20 to be decided, with nine of those where the Republicans are leading. Assuming they held all those leads, Republicans would have 221. But for control, they need just six of them.
Support the USO

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #1346 on: November 13, 2022, 07:54:54 pm »
Here's Where the House Race Stands With Yet Another GOP Flip
By Nick Arama | 12:30 PM on November 13, 2022

It has seemed that they’re slow-walking the calls for the outstanding races in the House, even when some of them are separated by more than a couple of points. It’s five days after the election and we still don’t know the results for control of the House. I last updated this two days ago. But if there’s anything that needs to be addressed going forward, it’s this concept being pushed that it’s somehow normal to take “days” or even “weeks” to get to a result in the election.

We now have another official call from Decision Desk in the OR-5 race. Republican Lori Chavez-DeRemer defeats Democrat Jamie McLeod-Skinner, 51.4 to 48.86. That’s another Republican flip for the House.

https://twitter.com/DecisionDeskHQ/status/1591818922784952322

According to RealClearPolitics, the current numbers are Republicans, 212 to Democrats, 204. Republicans need 218 for the majority.

These are the races that are still out there to be called. Below, I note if the race has already been called by Decision Desk, it lists the district and then whether the Republican (R) or Democrat (D) is currently leading.

House Races

Alaska
1 D

Arizona
1 D
6 R Ciscomani 51-49 (called by Decision Desk)

California
3 R
9 D
13 R
21 D
22 R
26 D
27 R
34 D
41 R
45 R
47 D
49 D

Colorado
3 R

Maine
2 D

New Mexico
2 D

NY
22 R

OR
6 D

That means that there are still 20 to be decided, with nine of those where the Republicans are leading. Assuming they held all those leads, Republicans would have 221. But for control, they need just six of them.

That's a +2 from my earlier projection, making it now likely 220- 215.  I am feeling a little better this afternoon about the GOP getting the house.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #1347 on: November 13, 2022, 08:40:40 pm »

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
·
5h

It’s Mitch McConnell’s fault. Spending money to defeat great Republican candidates instead of backing Blake Masters and others was a big mistake. Giving 4 Trillion Dollars to the Radical Left for the Green New Deal, not Infrastructure, was an even bigger mistake. He blew the Midterms, and everyone despises him and his otherwise lovely wife, Coco Chow!
Support the USO

Online DB

« Reply #1348 on: November 13, 2022, 08:41:16 pm »
OK. If you say so @DB but I think your never Trump bias is getting involved with your thought processes.

Well, I expected more from you instead of just calling me "never Trump".

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1349 on: November 13, 2022, 08:47:26 pm »

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
·
5h

It’s Mitch McConnell’s fault. Spending money to defeat great Republican candidates instead of backing Blake Masters and others was a big mistake. Giving 4 Trillion Dollars to the Radical Left for the Green New Deal, not Infrastructure, was an even bigger mistake. He blew the Midterms, and everyone despises him and his otherwise lovely wife, Coco Chow!

TRUMP, DONALD J
WASHINGTON DC, DC 20500   WHITE HOUSE   PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES   09-21-2020   $1,000   Mark Kelly (D)

TRUMP, DONALD MR
NEW YORK, NY 10022   THE TRUMP ORGANIZATION   PRESIDENT   05-16-2013   $2,600   Mitch McConnell (R)

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-