Author Topic: Mid-term Election 2022 Live Thread – Welcome to the Party Pal!  (Read 67439 times)

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Mid-term Election 2022 Live Thread – Welcome to the Party Pal!
« Reply #1125 on: November 12, 2022, 03:53:54 pm »
God bless you and your family @Bigun , you are a good man.

Good for what? My country has died before my eyes and there is not a thing I can do about it!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Idiot

Offline Idiot

« Reply #1127 on: November 12, 2022, 04:19:49 pm »
Good for what? My country has died before my eyes and there is not a thing I can do about it!
You are to be admired for going out to remember friends and family on Veterans Day.  I should have taken the day off to do the same.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #1128 on: November 12, 2022, 04:23:37 pm »

Not yet it ain't. We are a long way off from writing an epitaph.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1129 on: November 12, 2022, 04:26:47 pm »
In the Alaska House race, if all the Begich (R) voters chose Palin as their second choice, she wins.

In the Alaska Senate race, if all the Chesbro (D) voters chose Murkowski as their second choice, she wins.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #1130 on: November 12, 2022, 04:28:44 pm »

I see it as on life support.  Too many entitlement junkies sucking on the left hind teat of the Fedzilla Hog.  That faction is rapidly approaching 50% of the electorate.  Something drastic or revolutionary must happen, or we are doomed.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #1131 on: November 12, 2022, 04:29:34 pm »

I'm sorry @roamer_1 but I respectfully disagree. There will always be something called The United States of America, but it will bear no relation to the country its founders intended.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1132 on: November 12, 2022, 04:31:12 pm »
I see it as on life support.  Too many entitlement junkies sucking on the left hind teat of the Fedzilla Hog.  That faction is rapidly approaching 50% of the electorate.  Something drastic or revolutionary must happen, or we are doomed.

That faction passed beyond 50% several years ago.  We are already doomed.  Every single dollar paid in federal income taxes goes towards a direct cash payment to another individual.  And that still doesn't cover it.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online DB

« Reply #1133 on: November 12, 2022, 04:31:52 pm »

Are we? We are way past critical mass in the populous. Once the chain reaction starts of big government dependency there's no going back. It is a positive feedback system that grows on itself until there's no fuel left to consume. Essentially all the opportunities to restrain it before critical mass was reached were squandered chasing shiny things.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #1134 on: November 12, 2022, 04:36:07 pm »

I'm sorry @roamer_1 but I respectfully disagree. There will always be something called The United States of America, but it will bear no relation to the country its founders intended.

@catfish1957 @Bigun

Half the states are red. Nullification can do wonders. Remember, we are not just stuck with Democrats - They are stuck with us. The problem, as I have said all along is NOT the Democrats - It is that they have no opposition.

The problem is Republicans in disarray behind a colluding and traitorous leadership. When real and principled opposition is begun, the result may surprise you.

But that requires Republicans to actually vote FOR their beliefs and nothing else - Something they have been trained to avoid with Pavlovian surety.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #1135 on: November 12, 2022, 04:37:14 pm »
That faction passed beyond 50% several years ago.  We are already doomed.  Every single dollar paid in federal income taxes goes towards a direct cash payment to another individual.  And that still doesn't cover it.

True, if you include SS#.  I am going with all the rest of the entitlements and aid.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #1136 on: November 12, 2022, 04:37:36 pm »
Are we? We are way past critical mass in the populous.

We are a Republic. That's why.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #1137 on: November 12, 2022, 04:39:50 pm »
And besides, y'all... The bill is about to come due. While the fiscal ramifications are predictable, the social ramifications are not. A qualified disaster on a national scale just might change the equation entirely.

Don't be saying it's over till the fat lady sings.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #1138 on: November 12, 2022, 04:42:36 pm »
And besides, y'all... The bill is about to come due. While the fiscal ramifications are predictable, the social ramifications are not. A qualified disaster on a national scale just might change the equation entirely.

Don't be saying it's over till the fat lady sings.

Total societal break down is inevitable after the house of financial cards crumbles.

Trigger?  Soon or not long after we lose reference currency status.

Online DB

« Reply #1139 on: November 12, 2022, 04:44:47 pm »
We are a Republic. That's why.

Not when a majority think we are a democracy and vote for people that will enforce that view. The courts won't stop them.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #1140 on: November 12, 2022, 04:48:02 pm »

https://youtu.be/3h5_EOwH8-Y

Welcome to the choir, Mam! I've been singing off that sheet of music for a LONG time!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online roamer_1

« Reply #1141 on: November 12, 2022, 04:48:32 pm »
Total societal break down is inevitable after the house of financial cards crumbles.

YES. And that society is liberal. What will get pounded hard is liberals.
Conservatives tend to be rural, used to hardship, self contained, and structured to help each other. Which societal norm will survive the collapse and which will perish?

Hard to say... But I know where my bets are placed.

Anyway, that's what I mean about the results when the bill comes due. What will matter then is how strong the root. And I continue to have faith in that.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #1142 on: November 12, 2022, 04:50:07 pm »
Not when a majority think we are a democracy and vote for people that will enforce that view. The courts won't stop them.

But the States can - and hopefully will. The sovereignty is in the states.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #1143 on: November 12, 2022, 04:51:38 pm »

B I N G O ! ! !

SCOTUS has ONE job and thus far have flatly refused to do it when the chips were down! I see no reason to believe that will change.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #1144 on: November 12, 2022, 04:56:59 pm »
YES. And that society is liberal. What will get pounded hard is liberals.
Conservatives tend to be rural, used to hardship, self contained, and structured to help each other. Which societal norm will survive the collapse and which will perish?

Hard to say... But I know where my bets are placed.

Anyway, that's what I mean about the results when the bill comes due. What will matter then is how strong the root. And I continue to have faith in that.

The laws of natural selection will apply.  Very sad to think about, but the cold hard facts.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #1145 on: November 12, 2022, 05:01:52 pm »
The laws of natural selection will apply.  Very sad to think about, but the cold hard facts.

That's right - And make no mistake, I do not wish for it.
But I am saying that this ain't the end yet.
It may have to come down to the blood of tyrants and patriots - But even that time is not yet.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #1146 on: November 12, 2022, 05:03:58 pm »

Many things will occur before we get to that point, and I won't survive those things.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #1147 on: November 12, 2022, 05:33:44 pm »
Many things will occur before we get to that point, and I won't survive those things.

Got to kind of disagree.  Once the economic collapse commences, things will domino quickly into Dystopia.  The entitlement junkies will lose their source of substitence, and their will be tribal open warfare, death, and destruction, much in the Mad Max mode.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1148 on: November 12, 2022, 05:36:52 pm »
there will be tribal open warfare, death, and destruction, much in the Mad Max mode.

That would actually be kind of cool.  Can we move to Australia?  And no more of that green energy crap.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online roamer_1

« Reply #1149 on: November 12, 2022, 05:46:52 pm »
Got to kind of disagree.  Once the economic collapse commences, things will domino quickly into Dystopia.  The entitlement junkies will lose their source of substitence, and their will be tribal open warfare, death, and destruction, much in the Mad Max mode.

Yeah. Except without the gasoline and diesel.  :whistle: