Author Topic: Mid-term Election 2022 Live Thread – Welcome to the Party Pal!  (Read 67483 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Mid-term Election 2022 Live Thread – Welcome to the Party Pal!
« Reply #900 on: November 09, 2022, 10:22:56 pm »
You win the 18-29 vote by offering them an alternative to Social Security, reward them for hard work, and offer them hope for the future. - all of which Republicans are too chickenshit to do.

The 18-29 group were mostly women....abortion was their main issue and student loans...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Offline libertybele

« Reply #905 on: November 09, 2022, 10:51:41 pm »
Wish I could...I am too old and Mike is not in the best of health...besides my sons and their families are here and I cannot leave my grandchildren

I should have left years ago... :shrug:

I completely understand your dilemma. We retired and decided to downsize andwe had honestly considered moving out of FL and into the GA Blue Ridge Mountains.  I couldn't leave my grandkids nor my children.  Unfortunately because of circumstances that neither of us saw coming, we now only see our daughter.

So .... things change and grandkids grow up.  As far as health issues though, that's certainly a huge consideration.  There's no way either of us could move again.

FL could turn blue in a couple of years and you may see IL turning more red.  Who knows.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #907 on: November 09, 2022, 11:06:08 pm »
Translation: He's not done destroying this country.

He sees the lack of a red wave as an affirmation of his presidency.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #908 on: November 09, 2022, 11:11:40 pm »
Joe Biden: Threats of Hunter Biden Investigations from Republicans ‘Almost Comedy’

The president spoke about looming investigations during a press conference at the White House on the results of the midterm elections.

Charlie Spiering 9 Nov 2022

President Joe Biden dismissed upcoming investigations by House Republicans on Wednesday when they ultimately take control of the House of Representatives as expected.

“Lots of luck in your senior year as my coach used to say,” Biden scoffed when asked about investigations into his administration and his family.

The president spoke about looming investigations during a press conference at the White House regarding the results of the midterm elections.

Republicans have previewed investigations into Biden’s handling of the border crisis, the exit from Afghanistan, some of his cabinet officials, and his son Hunter Biden.

Biden referred to reports that Trump was asking Republicans how many times they planned to impeach him.

“I mean, I think the American people will look at all that for what it is – it’s almost comedy,” he said.

He indicated that Americans did not care about those issues, but said he could not control what Republicans would do.

“I think the American public wants us to move on and get things done for them,” he said.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/11/09/joe-biden-threats-of-hunter-biden-investigations-from-republicans-almost-comedy/
Support the USO

Offline libertybele

« Reply #909 on: November 09, 2022, 11:14:20 pm »

Well, he's not really wrong in many respects.  Last night should have been a slam dunk for the GOP and it wasn't. 

It isn't comical, it's absolutely disgusting that the DEMS weren't absolutely trounced last night.  It speaks volumes; this country is in very, very serious trouble that's not going to be resolved at the ballot box.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2022, 11:16:54 pm by libertybele »

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #910 on: November 09, 2022, 11:18:06 pm »
From post 861:
"Kari Lake:
Wow. We’re going to win big.
Stay tuned, Arizona!"

(sigh)

Ms. Lake may yet win. But if she does, it will be by a narrow margin.
Perhaps 10-15,000 votes? (or less)

Mr. Masters, however, needs to be looking for other work. (regrettably...)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #911 on: November 09, 2022, 11:23:53 pm »
Axelrod: Biden Should Avoid ‘Triumphalism’ — ‘This Wasn’t’ Really ‘an Affirmation of Policies’

During CNN’s election coverage on Wednesday, CNN Senior Political Commentator and former Obama adviser David Axelrod said that the message of the results in the 2022 midterm elections “wasn’t an affirmation of policies so much” as a rebuke of extremism

and that he would advise President Joe Biden against being triumphant in addressing the results.

Axelrod said, “Look, what I would advise would be to understand what the message was yesterday. I think it was a repudiation of extremism in all its forms. And I think he should note that and understand this wasn’t an affirmation of policies so much as that, and recognize that people are still struggling with inflation and other challenges and our job is to work together to try and solve them.”

He added, “Humility is good. And I think I would understand if they’re buoyant in the White House because this was a far better result than they anticipated. And so, much be — it must be an incredible relief. But I would advise against triumphalism and I would make it not about him, but about the country, and what it says about the country, and where we have to lead.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2022/11/09/axelrod-biden-should-avoid-triumphalism-this-wasnt-really-an-affirmation-of-policies/
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #912 on: November 09, 2022, 11:26:22 pm »
Jack Posobiec 🇺🇸
@JackPosobiec
·
55m
In state after state we are seeing a shift away from an election day to an election season. Ballot harvesting, drop boxes, and early voting are here to stay as we move toward systems of on-demand voting. GenZ / TikTok using to great effect. The final stage will be digital voting
Support the USO

Offline LMAO

« Reply #913 on: November 09, 2022, 11:26:30 pm »
Axelrod: Biden Should Avoid ‘Triumphalism’ — ‘This Wasn’t’ Really ‘an Affirmation of Policies’

During CNN’s election coverage on Wednesday, CNN Senior Political Commentator and former Obama adviser David Axelrod said that the message of the results in the 2022 midterm elections “wasn’t an affirmation of policies so much” as a rebuke of extremism

and that he would advise President Joe Biden against being triumphant in addressing the results.

Axelrod said, “Look, what I would advise would be to understand what the message was yesterday. I think it was a repudiation of extremism in all its forms. And I think he should note that and understand this wasn’t an affirmation of policies so much as that, and recognize that people are still struggling with inflation and other challenges and our job is to work together to try and solve them.”

He added, “Humility is good. And I think I would understand if they’re buoyant in the White House because this was a far better result than they anticipated. And so, much be — it must be an incredible relief. But I would advise against triumphalism and I would make it not about him, but about the country, and what it says about the country, and where we have to lead.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2022/11/09/axelrod-biden-should-avoid-triumphalism-this-wasnt-really-an-affirmation-of-policies/

Biden will put the foot on the gas when it comes to these policies. A GOP House will put a check on some of it  but  he still runs in controls the executive branch and it’s agencies
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #914 on: November 09, 2022, 11:27:10 pm »
Il is getting bluer...we now have only 4 Rep congressman in the whole state...that includes my congresswoman ...my county is still red

My county voted Bailey by 20 points for Gov

voted against Duckworth too...look at this map...I am so disgusted since Il is mostly red..

https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/2022-us-election-results/illinois/

Geez Louise I've never looked at your new House districts. That has to be some of the most artful gerrymandering in history. You got one guy there who runs from close to the WI border down to around Normal. Part of the district is below the MO line if you go straight west.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #915 on: November 09, 2022, 11:29:40 pm »
What is happening @mystery-ak is Republican voters are leaving blue states for red states thus making blue states more blue and red states more red.  This isn't going to end well.

@Bigun

Especially with remote working now, people can have the big city salary, and the small town conservative easy life.
The Republic is lost.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #916 on: November 09, 2022, 11:33:31 pm »
Jack Posobiec 🇺🇸
@JackPosobiec
·
55m
In state after state we are seeing a shift away from an election day to an election season. Ballot harvesting, drop boxes, and early voting are here to stay as we move toward systems of on-demand voting. GenZ / TikTok using to great effect. The final stage will be digital voting

We accepted early voting and mail in ballots.  We will only get to digital voting if we are accepting of it.  We need to demand that we go back to voting on Election Day and that's it.  There's too much room for corruption with an election that lingers on for weeks.

Vote on Election Day period.  Yes, that keeps a small percentage of people from voting, but I'd rather see that than allowing a large opportunity for election fraud and corruption.

It's a shame that the GOP and RNC learned nothing from the previous presidential election. 

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #917 on: November 09, 2022, 11:35:03 pm »
The 18-29 group were mostly women....abortion was their main issue and student loans...

It's more than that @mystery-ak -- and they were weaned on social media.  That meeting at the White House with top TikTok users should be making sense right about now.

"Record breaking youth voter turnout gets you gun safety legislation, student debt cancellation, climate action, and so much more.  Hear more from @cristinanextgen about why the youth vote is so critical in tomorrow's election — and why young voters are ready to turn out."  (Video)

https://mobile.twitter.com/NextGenAmerica/status/1589837300586123264

Offline LMAO

« Reply #918 on: November 09, 2022, 11:44:04 pm »
Jack Posobiec 🇺🇸
@JackPosobiec
·
55m

My first time voting was in 1984 and it seem like voting was more quicker and precise than it is now

Barry Goldwater

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #919 on: November 09, 2022, 11:45:31 pm »
Amazing night in Iowa. We flipped IA-03 and now all 4 are filled by the GOP.

Even more amazingly, We took all the state offices so far except Auditor with 2 counties still out.

Most importantly, we got rid of long time skanky Rat AG Tom Miller.

See you in court Biden.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #920 on: November 09, 2022, 11:47:24 pm »
Why are we blaming Trump for not spending more? Where was the RNC? What about Mitch McConnell?

Thank you @LilLamb  for asking this.  Hopefully, when emotions subside, more questions will be asked, including --

What was the Washington GOP doing? Why did McConnell play whack-a-mole with campaign dollars and support multiple times, including pulling ads from competitive markets? For instance, why did he transfer money from Blake Masters to Lisa Murkowski?

Did McConnell approve going public with the proposal to ban abortion at the national level after the Dobbs decision, handing the democrats a reason to run on the most divisive issue of the past 50 years? BTW, what was the GOP's political message on abortion --- other than a victory lap?

And speaking of messaging -- whose strategic GOP genius was it to ignore the youth vote that coordinated their efforts, mobilized and voted in droves? That meeting the White House held with top TikTok users makes sense now, doesn't it? Did McConnell and McCarthy intentionally dismiss this development?

Where were McCarthy and McConnell---or their representatives? Trump held dozens and dozens of rallies on behalf of House and Senate candidates across the nation, yet neither could attend one in a show of support and unity. Could it be a failure pinned on DJT was more important than an election victory?

Who in the GOP reached out to DeSantis to publicly support, including robo calls, John O'Dea in Colorado ---- the one GOP candidate for the Senate to make stopping Trump in 2024 a pillar of his campaign? Does it matter to McConnell that O'Dea lost by 20 points or was the change in RDS's messaging the point?

What is RDS's relationship with his former mentors: team McConnell, McCarthy and Ryan?

« Last Edit: November 09, 2022, 11:48:29 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Online Hoodat

« Reply #921 on: November 09, 2022, 11:53:27 pm »
Greg Price
@greg_price11
·
Follow
Biden: "I can't guarantee that we're gonna be able to get rid of inflation."

Put me in the White House, and I'll guarantee it.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

« Reply #922 on: November 09, 2022, 11:54:19 pm »

He sees the election of John Fetterman as an affirmation of his Presidency.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

« Reply #923 on: November 09, 2022, 11:55:34 pm »
It's more than that @mystery-ak -- and they were weaned on social media.  That meeting at the White House with top TikTok users should be making sense right about now.

"Record breaking youth voter turnout gets you gun safety legislation, student debt cancellation, climate action, and so much more.  Hear more from @cristinanextgen about why the youth vote is so critical in tomorrow's election — and why young voters are ready to turn out."  (Video)

Maybe the Republicans should have offered them something other than "Biden bad".

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline libertybele

« Reply #924 on: November 09, 2022, 11:57:40 pm »
Maybe the Republicans should have offered them something other than "Biden bad".

:yowsa: