Author Topic: Mid-term Election 2022 Live Thread – Welcome to the Party Pal!  (Read 69911 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Mid-term Election 2022 Live Thread – Welcome to the Party Pal!
« Reply #700 on: November 09, 2022, 02:12:17 pm »
Pelosi says Democrats are ‘strongly outperforming expectations’
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #701 on: November 09, 2022, 02:13:23 pm »
Looks like the majority of Americans like the direction this country is going,,sad day for the USA

How people could vote for a brain dead man who can barely string a sentence together....pathetic.

It's not the first time the voters have done that.

Isn't that right, Joe Biden?
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #702 on: November 09, 2022, 02:14:42 pm »

And that is true.  Fetterman is Exhibit #1.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #703 on: November 09, 2022, 02:15:04 pm »
Republican Adam Laxalt Predicts Victory in Nevada U.S. Senate Race

So does Kari Lake in AZ and based on data drops through the wee hours, she may be taking Blake with her.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #704 on: November 09, 2022, 02:15:08 pm »
With a broken election system in large democrat controlled cities, and a socialized government school system, it appears to be a wrap, folks.  Our best days are behind us.

There is something VERY wrong with our elections currently and I think Catherine Englebright and Greg Phillips (True the Vote) know what it is. I fully expect them to have unfortunate accidents very soon.

RIP USA.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

« Reply #705 on: November 09, 2022, 02:16:28 pm »

Sit down and pass the damn gavel.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #706 on: November 09, 2022, 02:20:22 pm »
Sit down and pass the damn gavel.

You got proof we are getting to 218?  We have been stuck on 200 for 8 hours now.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #707 on: November 09, 2022, 02:20:55 pm »
I don't know what to think. Despite the leadership, the candidates across the board had a pretty decent and consistent message. Maybe not specific enough, but not only did the Rats have nothing, but they basically sat there and punched Americans in the face, then blubbered about abortion and 'democracy'.

It was wildly successful in some areas, in others it seemed to go nowhere. If economic pain and lax on crime can't move the needle, then I don't know what to say. Guess some people would rather feel righteous and get mugged rather than pay the rent and feed their families.

No doubt there were underfunding issue in the Senate races due to Mitch. He should be voted out as Leader for the blatant, corrupt betrayal, but he won't. That's on the GOP.

I'm sure there was cheating, but how? If the Rats have gotten so good at it that it can't even be detected, we're screwed. The GOP lost some of those races by enough margin that cheating wasn't even an issue.

And the polls. Like I said last night, I could have thrown darts blindfolded and done just. Way off in all directions, undercounted GOP leads in some places, overcounted strength in others.

We may eke out majorities in Congress, but with the RINO vote we still got nothin'. Guess we'll have to do what we can, where we can in the State govts. Not sure how those came out yet.
The Republic is lost.

« Reply #708 on: November 09, 2022, 02:21:15 pm »
Richard Grenell
@RichardGrenell

Wake up America - Arizona and Nevada are going red!

5:00 AM · Nov 9, 2022  ·Twitter for iPhone

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #709 on: November 09, 2022, 02:21:23 pm »
It's not the first time the voters have done that.

I flat out REFUSE to believe the voters have EVER done that @andy58-in-nh Something is VERY wrong with how votes get collected and counted not the voters themselves as an overall matter.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

« Reply #710 on: November 09, 2022, 02:22:50 pm »
You got proof we are getting to 218?  We have been stuck on 200 for 8 hours now.

Whose got it stuck at 200?

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #711 on: November 09, 2022, 02:23:31 pm »

That should be proof enough for you. (They are working their magic as we speak!)

Same thing going on in Harris County, Texas this morning.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2022, 02:25:26 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #712 on: November 09, 2022, 02:24:12 pm »
Whose got it stuck at 200?

Fox News for one.  Who do you have it at >217 yet?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #713 on: November 09, 2022, 02:25:14 pm »
The Don is dead. Long live The Ron.

Hey friend. Viewed through the lens of the evening, the Ron DeSantis win was beyond epic.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Idiot

« Reply #714 on: November 09, 2022, 02:25:14 pm »
As I wake up this morning some things are perfectly clear. 

Trump is done....  He'll start trashing DeSantis and it will be ugly.  He just needs to go away. 

Overall our country is WAY more liberal than I ever dreamed.  Also, a huge portion of our country are for killing innocent babies.  This all means the next 2 years are going to be brutal.  I see the stock market is starting into free fall.  We'd all better sock away some worthless dollars to attempt to weather the oncoming storm.  We turn away from God and this is what we get....sadly...this is what we deserve.   

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #715 on: November 09, 2022, 02:28:07 pm »
This was a short-live political career

Texas's Mayra Flores defeated in South Texas House race
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #716 on: November 09, 2022, 02:28:08 pm »

Trump is done....  He'll start trashing DeSantis and it will be ugly.  He just needs to go away. 

Overall our country is WAY more liberal than I ever dreamed.  Also, a huge portion of our country are for killing innocent babies.  This all means the next 2 years are going to be brutal.  I see the stock market is starting into free fall.  We'd all better sock away some worthless dollars to attempt to weather the oncoming storm.  We turn away from God and this is what we get....sadly...this is what we deserve.   

I'm in my twilight years but fear greatly for my children and yours!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Idiot

« Reply #717 on: November 09, 2022, 02:32:52 pm »
I'm in my twilight years but fear greatly for my children and yours!
I'm in my twilight years as well and am kind of grateful that I only have a dozen or so years left.  Not sure I want to live in the world that is coming. @Bigun

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #719 on: November 09, 2022, 02:33:25 pm »
I missed on this too... I thought Republicans would plow the field and then under-perform (to be kind)... Again.

No worries... Spilled milk. Guess America gets her nose rubbed in it for another two years... With a little help from what looks to be at least House control.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #720 on: November 09, 2022, 02:35:47 pm »
I'm in my twilight years as well and am kind of grateful that I only have a dozen or so years left.  Not sure I want to live in the world that is coming. @Bigun

I'm sure I don't @mrpotatohead I've seen war up close and personal. I was hoping to never see it again but ...

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #721 on: November 09, 2022, 02:35:54 pm »
Had we elected Desantis in 2016 I wonder if we actually might have gotten 2 solid terms?

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #723 on: November 09, 2022, 02:37:15 pm »

Agreed on first point.  To the extent Trump's involvement made a difference, it did not help.  I was indifferent to his candidate selections from a policy standpoint, but the baseline goal of any midterm is to gain a majority and block the democrats from harming the country for two years.  He did not promote electable candidates in the most critical of places.  There is still a chance either house could flip if everything falls into place.  We should not have been in this position the morning after the election.

The abortion issue most certainly harmed our candidates, especially after Lindsey Graham decided to revive it with a federal abortion ban.  All candidates for national office should have deferred to the states, and the state lawmakers should only push for restrictions that are politically viable in those places.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #724 on: November 09, 2022, 02:40:06 pm »
Ok .... my two cents.

Yes, the indoctrination of our youth to oppose American exceptionalism was on full display last night. However, must of us have seen this for quite sometime.  Glenn Beck has been very vocal and active on this issue, yet his pleas and cries have fallen on deaf ears.  In order for conservatism to take a stronghold this needs to change and very quickly.

Again, things are not going to change from the top down as so many were hoping for last night.  Things have to change from the bottom up in order to succeed.  We can look at FL as an example; conservative house and senate and a conservative governor.  DeSantis won a county that normally votes DEM.  FL continued to hold together their conservative seats.

Yes a lot went wrong last night and perhaps Trump's stronghold is gone. Hopefully a conservative candidate will emerge to stave off the liberal stronghold, but without conservative leadership nothing will change.  I do see a very slight glimmer of hope as there were conservative governors who either won races or kept their seats.  That will in my opinion be the only strength of conservatism left; state's rights.

Our country has been dying and so many erroneously thought that things were going to change this election. The problem remains IMO that there just aren't enough conservative candidates running at the federal level.

I don't even know at this point if there are enough conservative candidates at the state level to make a difference.

We are in for extremely rough days ahead.

Do not lose sight of the patriotism that we hold dear nor our rights under the Constitution.  I'm afraid we are going to have to fight for both.   :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.