Author Topic: Mid-term Election 2022 Live Thread – Welcome to the Party Pal!  (Read 68797 times)

Offline cato potatoe

Re: Mid-term Election 2022 Live Thread – Welcome to the Party Pal!
« Reply #650 on: November 09, 2022, 06:47:31 am »
NBC News projects Democrat Tony Evers wins re-election in Wisconsin governor's race

Trump endorsed Tim Michaels in the primary against Rebecca Kleefisch, lieutenant governor under Scott Walker.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #651 on: November 09, 2022, 06:48:10 am »
CONGRATULATIONS TO NEW SENATOR BARRETO!!  Gisele Barreto is a Brazilian-American activist.

Thank you to Pennsylvania for proving the Europeans right.
Americans are really, they really are, the stupidest nation on Earth.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #652 on: November 09, 2022, 06:52:28 am »
Guy Benson
@guypbenson

Unless I’ve missed something, there has not been a single statewide incumbent — Governor/Senator — who has lost tonight, from either party, across the whole country (so far).

Status quo election in a lot of ways, even though one house will prob flip (& possibly the other).

1:20 AM · Nov 9, 2022  ·Twitter for iPhone

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #653 on: November 09, 2022, 06:54:58 am »

Fox News
By Timothy H.J. Nerozzi
October 20, 2022

Biden predicts Gisele Fetterman will be 'great, great lady in the Senate'

Pennsylvania Senate candidate John Fetterman's health and ability to exercise public office have been in question after a May stroke

(more)
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-predicts-gisele-fetterman-will-be-great-great-lady-senate
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

« Reply #654 on: November 09, 2022, 06:56:38 am »
CBS News reporting that Wisconsin Senate race may be decided until Friday.

The hold-up? Counting votes in Milwaukee.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #655 on: November 09, 2022, 07:01:20 am »
Considering that Fetterman is incompetent and is basically insane, with an extreme love of convicted murderers, maybe his wife is the best thing that could happen. With no choice, would you elect her or her crazy ass husband? Maybe it is a good thing that she will take his seat? Don't know?

« Reply #656 on: November 09, 2022, 07:04:49 am »
Biggest mistake by Republicans:  Accepting years ago that we have to "vote in numbers to get beyond the fraud" instead of fighting it.  All we did was help cement fraud as a systemic feature of our elections  ---- and only one side uses it.

« Reply #657 on: November 09, 2022, 07:17:16 am »
"Record breaking youth voter turnout gets you gun safety legislation, student debt cancellation, climate action, and so much more.  Hear more from @cristinanextgen about why the youth vote is so critical in tomorrow's election — and why young voters are ready to turn out."  (Video)

https://mobile.twitter.com/NextGenAmerica/status/1589837300586123264

« Reply #658 on: November 09, 2022, 07:21:09 am »
John Della Volpe
@dellavolpe

One thing I know already.

If not for voters under 30 ... tonight WOULD have been a Red Wave.

CNN National House Exit Poll

R+ 13    65+
R+ 11    45-64

D +2      30-44
D +28   18-29

#GenZ did their job.

10:52 PM · Nov 8, 2022·Twitter Web App

« Reply #659 on: November 09, 2022, 07:30:57 am »
"Kevin McCarthy: “It is clear that we are gonna take the House back! ... When you wake up tomorrow, we will be in the majority, and Nancy Pelosi will be in the minority.”  (Video)

https://mobile.twitter.com/TPostMillennial/status/1590239024102658050

« Reply #660 on: November 09, 2022, 07:36:29 am »
Come January, John James is in the House!

Offline LMAO

« Reply #661 on: November 09, 2022, 10:13:40 am »
We’ll, it wasn’t a red wave. To say the GOP got their asses kicked isn’t accurate as it looks like the GOP will take the House. The winner, so far,  is Liz Cheney. The loser is Donald Trump. And you can dispense with the notion that Joe Biden is going to be forced to step down in 2024

Even with a red wave, Biden was not gonna change course. There’s no way he’s going to do it now. We’re just gonna have to go through the pain

Hopefully, this might pop some people’s  bubble
« Last Edit: November 09, 2022, 11:14:05 am by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #662 on: November 09, 2022, 10:46:03 am »
So what was the Republican plan to stop inflation?

@Hoodat

You are a damned child!  Seriously.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #663 on: November 09, 2022, 10:48:46 am »
John Della Volpe
@dellavolpe

One thing I know already.

If not for voters under 30 ... tonight WOULD have been a Red Wave.

CNN National House Exit Poll

R+ 13    65+
R+ 11    45-64

D +2      30-44
D +28   18-29

#GenZ did their job.

10:52 PM · Nov 8, 2022·Twitter Web App
Gen Z digging their own graves. And they are happy to do it.
Too stupid to know what is going on.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #664 on: November 09, 2022, 11:04:38 am »
Gen Z digging their own graves. And they are happy to do it.
Too stupid to know what is going on.

Yet they’re  the first to complain about high prices.

This is also the same generation that has been taught all their life to hate their country. It’s been said that young people have always tended to be more liberal and they get more conservative as the age but the difference is young people in the past were not taught from birth to hate their country
« Last Edit: November 09, 2022, 11:24:35 am by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #665 on: November 09, 2022, 12:58:26 pm »
@Hoodat

You are a damned child!  Seriously.

He's dang well right.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #666 on: November 09, 2022, 12:59:01 pm »
Biggest mistake by Republicans:  Accepting years ago that we have to "vote in numbers to get beyond the fraud" instead of fighting it.  All we did was help cement fraud as a systemic feature of our elections  ---- and only one side uses it.
That's because the Republican Establishment SUPPORTS voter fraud. The very last thing Mitch McConnell wants are REAL Republicans actually getting elected. They would throw his ass out in a second and he knows that. The Republican Aristocracy is perfectly fine with Democrats cheating and winning every election, as long as it keeps them in power. They simply don't care. Everything is about them, and their own wealth and power. The dirty peasants (all of us normal working people) can die in the dirt for all they care.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2022, 01:00:00 pm by 240B »

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #667 on: November 09, 2022, 01:13:29 pm »
Why did Mitch McConnell support Leftists over Republicans? Because Republicans would vote against him. They would impact his power. And he cannot have that! Vote for the Democrats, at least they will leave me alone!
« Last Edit: November 09, 2022, 01:14:20 pm by 240B »

Online mountaineer

« Reply #668 on: November 09, 2022, 01:15:54 pm »
In states with clean, fraud-free, ID-required elections, it appears there was a red wave, both in local elections and statewide ones. In my own county, a longtime Dem commissioner - a good guy, well-liked - was ousted by a Republican newcomer. Our Democrat state delegate - a real union hack, the guy I narrowly lost to back in 2012 - was obliterated by a Republican college kid. Similar stories in local and state elections throughout our area, and even across the river in Ohio.

But where you have no ID, lots of mail-in ballots, same day registering and voting, no real rules about absentee or mail-in ballots - yeah, the Democrats took advantage.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mountaineer

« Reply #669 on: November 09, 2022, 01:22:19 pm »
John Steigerwald
@Steigerworld
Fetterman got 81% of the vote in Philadelphia County and 62% in Allegheny County. A difference of 350,000 votes. More proof that Democrats in those counties would vote for a mannequin with a D after its name.
You get what you vote for.
What an embarrassment.
3:55 AM · Nov 9, 2022

Miranda Devine
@mirandadevine
Alaska: Murkowski behind 42.7% to 44.4% w 74% counted

7:26 AM · Nov 9, 2022

Free Burn
@returnofthefree
Replying to @mirandadevine
My understanding on Murkowski is if no one gets 50% they’ll have a runoff. Murkowski is likely to get the dem votes in a runoff.
7:36 AM · Nov 9, 2022

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #670 on: November 09, 2022, 01:24:34 pm »
In states with clean, fraud-free, ID-required elections, it appears there was a red wave, both in local elections and statewide ones. In my own county, a longtime Dem commissioner - a good guy, well-liked - was ousted by a Republican newcomer. Our Democrat state delegate - a real union hack, the guy I narrowly lost to back in 2012 - was obliterated by a Republican college kid. Similar stories in local and state elections throughout our area, and even across the river in Ohio.

But where you have no ID, lots of mail-in ballots, same day registering and voting, no real rules about absentee or mail-in ballots - yeah, the Democrats took advantage.

And that is why it is simply unconscionable that the republicans - as a party - have not moved heaven and earth to bring reliability and accuracy back to our elections.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #671 on: November 09, 2022, 01:25:44 pm »
Is the Georgia senate election going to a run-off?

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #672 on: November 09, 2022, 01:28:13 pm »

Also chicken egg situation too, something you haven't considered.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #673 on: November 09, 2022, 01:31:09 pm »
Matt Walsh
@MattWalshBlog
The Republican Party outside of Florida has no message. No discipline. No leadership. No courage to confront the important issues head on. That’s why they’re losing to literally brain damaged candidates. We need a total overhaul.
12:54 AM · Nov 9, 2022

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #674 on: November 09, 2022, 01:36:06 pm »
Morning afterthought:

There is certainly a great deal to be said and done about the failure of the Republican Party leadership in grooming candidates and delivering electoral success for them.

Undoubtedly there will be a lot said and perhaps, in time, something done about that.

But the one thing that strikes me most about last night's events is how thoroughly awful, willfully dumb, and emotionally motivated the American electorate has become.

And that is a problem that will not be solved in one mere election cycle. 
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn