Author Topic: Media keep up hurling oppo at DeSantis, Lake and Walker, but here’s why it may not matter  (Read 329 times)

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Three days before the midterms, the New York Times published the results of some digging into the long-ago past of Ron DeSantis.

The result: When he was a history teacher at a boarding school 20 years ago – this was after he graduated from Yale and before he went to Harvard Law – a few students didn’t like him.

Seriously? Is this the best the Times could come up with on the Florida governor and possible 2024 candidate?

When DeSantis taught at Darlington School, where he also coached football and baseball, he was popular and widely considered cool, according to the piece (though I will say he had an awful haircut).

But "as a teacher, he was remembered by some former students as cocky and arrogant. He once publicly embarrassed a student with a prank." Gasp.

Later in the story, one Black student was quoted as saying DeSantis "‘was mean to me and hostile toward me. Not aggressively, but passively, because I was Black.’ She recalled Mr. DeSantis teaching Civil War history in a way that sounded to her like an attempt to justify slavery."

But a white student in the same class said DeSantis "wasn’t so much politically opinionated" but "factually wrong," such as falsely claiming that every southern city was burned during the war. Another student said they "talked among themselves about Mr. DeSantis expressing his strict belief that abortion was wrong."

Oh, and "several students described Mr. DeSantis as having an air of superiority."

So let’s see: He was smug and voiced more personal opinions than would have been appropriate for a teacher. Doesn’t even sound as damaging as Mitt Romney strapping his dog to the roof of the car.

https://www.foxnews.com/shows/media-buzz/media-keep-hurling-oppo-desantis-lake-walker-heres-why-may-not-matter
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Kamaji

They’ve had how long to make shit up, and this is the best they can do?

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

He did have a bad hair cut though!   :patriot:
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline LMAO

This reminds me of the Ted Cruz’s former college roommate stories
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Frankly, the internet has equalized things. The alphabet media's hold on the message has become leaky like a sieve.

And, the woke Left has finally ripped off their lovely mask and bared their Marxist teeth, going as far to overtly and directly go after people's kids. That's brought alot of converts.

And if Musk can make Twitter simply fair and balanced, the Left is really screwed.
The Republic is lost.