Author Topic: “Independent Commission” SEC Coordinated with White House on ‘Climate Risk Disclosure’ Rule  (Read 188 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
“Independent Commission” SEC Coordinated with White House on ‘Climate Risk Disclosure’ Rule
WEBEDITOR Biden Admin, Climate Regs 0

Like FERC, another ‘independent agency’ in fact taking White House direction

This is what a “Whole of government approach” to imposing an ideological agenda looks like

For those who haven’t followed the Institute for Energy Research’s revelations about the ‘independent commission’ Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC), you should. See e.g., “Richard Glick’s White House Chats,” Wall Street Journal, June 12, 2022; Daniel Moore, “Threat of Summer Blackouts Looms Over FERC Chair’s Renomination,” Bloomberg.com, July 12, 2022; Catherine Morehouse, “GOP Probes FERC Chair Glick meetings with White House,” Politico, June 29, 2022 (IER’s website with the transparency campaigns records is here).

https://govoversight.org/independent-commission-sec-coordinated-with-white-house-on-climate-risk-disclosure-rule/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson