Author Topic: The Democratic Party’s Learning Disability by David Catron  (Read 179 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 The Democratic Party’s Learning Disability
They ignore their constituents and can’t comprehend why it costs them votes.
by David Catron
November 6, 2022, 11:13 PM

Election Day finally arrives tomorrow, and most serious political analysts expect the Democrats to lose their majorities in both houses of Congress while incurring significant collateral damage in numerous state and local contests. There is still some uncertainty about the ultimate size of the looming wave, but there is little doubt that it will profoundly alter the political landscape. This inevitably raises the following question: Do the Democrats have the capacity to learn anything from defeat?

Sadly, the answer is probably “no.” The Democrats suffer from a collective learning disability that prevents them from grasping important realities about the voters — such as our capacity to differentiate between fact and fiction. They believe that most voters disapprove of President Joe Biden’s fiscal stewardship because the White House has failed to craft an effective narrative to explain his economic “successes.” The Democrats can’t conceive of an electorate capable of clearly comprehending the world without being told what to think about it.

This view of the voters was perfectly distilled by Paul Krugman in a recent New York Times column: “Voters do, indeed, perceive a bad economy. But perceptions don’t necessarily match reality.” Krugman would have us believe that, when Biden looked into the camera last month and declared, “Our economy is strong as hell,” he was right. Our lived experiences with inflation, the decline in real wages, and product shortages tell us nothing about the health of the economy. So, how exactly would Krugman teach us the error of our ways?

more
https://spectator.org/the-democratic-partys-learning-disability/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: The Democratic Party’s Learning Disability by David Catron
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2022, 02:45:17 pm »
Both National Parties are learning-disabled.

GOP Establishment didn't learn after McCain and Romney.  The base had to force-fed them Trump.

Dem Establishment didn't learn after Gore, Kerry, and Hillary Clinton.  The base had to force-fed them Obama.

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.