Author Topic: Voters will have a say on abortion in 5 states with high-stakes ballot measures  (Read 389 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Voters will have a say on abortion in 5 states with high-stakes ballot measures

The referendums come months after the Supreme Court overturned Roe v. Wade, a landmark ruling that had guaranteed a constitutional right to abortion.

Nov. 5, 2022, 6:00 AM CDT
By Melissa Chan

Millions of voters will soon determine the fate of abortion access in a handful of states, including Michigan, which could become the first to make an abortion ban permanently unenforceable since the fall of Roe v. Wade.

At the polls Tuesday, voters in California, Michigan and Vermont will decide whether to enshrine reproductive freedom rights in their state constitutions, while voters in Kentucky could do the opposite and explicitly conclude there should be no such protections.

In Montana, if a ballot initiative passes, health care providers in the state could face criminal charges if they do not take “reasonable actions” to save an infant who is born alive, including after an attempted abortion.

The measure and its proposed punishments, including up to 20 years behind bars and a maximum $50,000 fine, have been met with fierce opposition from medical providers.

more
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2022-election/voters-will-say-abortion-5-states-high-stakes-ballot-measures-rcna55523
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

I predict all of these will fail even as voters cast their ballots for Republican candidates
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Hoodat

I predict all of these will fail even as voters cast their ballots for Republican candidates

That may be.  But it still puts the decision where it belongs.  And while Democrats may cheer a favorable result, never lose sight of the fact that Democrats vehemently oppose this process.  They oppose the right of the people of a State to establish their own abortion laws.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Polly Ticks

Kentucky's ballot measure:

Constitutional Amendment 2
"Are you in favor of amending the Constitution
of Kentucky by creating a new Section of the
Constitution to be numbered Section 26A to
state as follows: To protect human life,
nothing in this Constitution shall be construed
to secure or protect a right to abortion or
require the funding of abortion?"

Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra