Author Topic: Manchin demands Biden apologize for 'outrageous' coal comments: 'Time he learn a lesson'  (Read 1190 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
November 5, 2022 11:03am EDT
Manchin demands Biden apologize for 'outrageous' coal comments: 'Time he learn a lesson'
Scathing Manchin statement come just days before key midterms with control of the Senate up for grabs

By Tyler Olson | Fox News

Sen. Joe Manchin Saturday demanded President Biden apologize for saying coal plants "all across America" will be shut down, in a scathing statement just days before crucial midterm elections.

"President Biden’s comments are not only outrageous and divorced from reality, they ignore the severe economic pain the American people are feeling because of rising energy costs," Manchin, D-W.Va., said. "Comments like these are the reason the American people are losing trust in President Biden and instead believes he does not understand the need to have an all in energy policy that would keep our nation totally energy independent and secure."

Manchin added: "It seems his positions change depending on the audience and the politics of the day. Politicizing our nation’s energy policies would only bring higher prices and more pain for the American people."

Biden Friday called coal plants too expensive to operate, and said renewable forms of energy will replace them.

"No one is building new coal plants because they can’t rely on it. Even if they have all the coal guaranteed for the rest of the existence of the plant," Biden said.

"So it's going to become a wind generation," Biden continued. "And all they're doing is it’s going to save them a hell of a lot of money and using the same transmission line that they transmitted the coal-fired electric on, we're going to be shutting these plants down all across America and having wind and solar power."

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/manchin-demands-biden-apologize-outrageous-coal-comments-time-he-learn-lesson
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Hoodat

When is Manchin going to apologize for selling out his State and his Country?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline EdinVA

Manchin added: "It seems his positions change depending on the audience and the politics of the day.
:mauslaff: More than one slo joe... to much

Online LMAO

We have people running the country right now they have no clue about American energy needs but they know they hate it and want to get rid of it with a religious zeal that rivals the Palestinians desire to get rid of Israel
Manchin really believes he’s gonna apologize???
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
We have people running the country right now they have no clue about American energy needs but they know they hate it and want to get rid of it with a religious zeal that rivals the Palestinians desire to get rid of Israel
Manchin really believes he’s gonna apologize???
Apologize? More likely Brandon will turn into angry dementia man and tell Manchin to step outside so he can kick his @ss.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
Will Manchin change parties after the midterms?  :pondering:

Offline Polly Ticks

Nope.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Online mountaineer

I was thinking the other day that we hadn't seen or heard much of Manchin since the inflation bill debacle. Now he's back to being "W.Va. Joe who gives a rat's rear end about his constituents." Not buying it.

And no, he won't become a Republican.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Hoodat

When it comes to casting votes, Manchin supports both Biden and his policies.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Hey Joe!  Want to teach Biden a real lesson?

Call an immediate press conference and announce you're switching to the GOP.

...do it BEFORE Tuesday.   :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online mountaineer

Lucas Tomlinson
@LucasFoxNews
President Biden ‘regrets’ comments about shutting down coal plants: White House*
2:08 PM · Nov 5, 2022

*Link to White House statement

Sorry I said it out loud, folks, no joke. But if you've been paying attention, you all know I want to destroy the oil, gas and coal industries. They told me no ice cream until I pretend to take it back, so, you know, anyway ...
« Last Edit: November 05, 2022, 07:50:19 pm by mountaineer »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Lucas Tomlinson
@LucasFoxNews
President Biden ‘regrets’ comments about shutting down coal plants: White House*
2:08 PM · Nov 5, 2022

*Link to White House statement

Sorry I said it out loud, folks, no joke. But if you've been paying attention, you all know I want to destroy the oil, gas and coal industries. They told me no ice cream until I pretend to take it back, so, you know, anyway ...

The amazing KJP say's Joe didn't mean what he said.  He's sorry.. sorry he said it out loud.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
November 5, 2022 3:30pm EDT
Karine Jean-Pierre walks back Biden's 'twisted' coal comments: 'No one will be left behind'
Sen. Joe Manchin called Biden's comments 'divorced from reality' on Saturday

By Adam Sabes FOXBusiness

The White House is saying that President Biden's remarks stating he will be shutting down coal plants "all across America" were "twisted to suggest a meaning that was not intended."

Biden made the comments on Friday when discussing energy, stating that coal plants cost too much to operate and advocated for renewables as an eventual replacement.

"No one is building new coal plants because they can’t rely on it," Biden said. "Even if they have all the coal guaranteed for the rest of the existence of the plant."

"So it's going to become a wind generation," Biden added. "And all they're doing is, it’s going to save them a hell of a lot of money and using the same transmission line that they transmitted the coal-fired electric on. We're going to be shutting these plants down all across America and having wind and solar power."

After backlash from people such as Sen. Joe Manchin, D-W.Va., who called the comments "outrageous and divorced from reality," White House press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre said Biden's comments were "twisted" in a Saturday press release.

"The President’s remarks yesterday have been twisted to suggest a meaning that was not intended; he regrets it if anyone hearing these remarks took offense," Jean-Pierre said. "The President was commenting on a fact of economics and technology: as it has been from its earliest days as an energy superpower, America is once again in the midst of an energy transition."

"Working closely with Senator Manchin, a tireless advocate for his state and the hard-working men and women who live there, President Biden has helped get this part of the country back to work:  the unemployment rate in West Virginia was 6.2% the last month before Joe Biden took office; now it is down to 4%," she added.

more
https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/karine-jean-pierre-walks-back-bidens-twisted-coal-comments-no-one-left-behind
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline EdinVA

The only thing that was "twisted" in bidens words was the fool that uttered them...

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
GTH Manchin.....

You sold out.....   Build Back Better and the economic disaster it has wrought....   IS ALL ON YOU........
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
biden may be deteriorating from dementia, but Manchin is just plain stupid.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Wind? Thereby hangs a tail...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Killer Clouds

To what? Independent? He's not a republicant.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
When it comes to casting votes, Manchin supports both Biden and his policies.
Agreed, he'll hold out and pontificate so he can pretend to be a moderate back home but once he get's a big enough payoff then he's all in.

Offline Hoodat

An Independent who votes with the Dems 95% of the time as opposed to a Dem who votes with the Dems 95% of the time.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Screw You, Manchin.  You had a chance to be a man, and you blew it.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

I say let him stay a Rat, and we'll wipe him at his next election. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Just before election day, politicians throw out immense smoke screens to assure what so they are and were is not so.  After election so, the ones that got away with the deceit of millions succeeded, the lying deceiving politians successes, will be laughing their azzes off, LIKE USUAL.  Many will swear i never said what i'm on record of saying just before election day.  Fools will be gratified, then break out bawling like new born babies, like they ALWAYS DO!  THERE is a level of fools that is incurable yah know!
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions