Author Topic: Hollywood is rethinking woke; NYT calls this "regression"  (Read 527 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Hollywood is rethinking woke; NYT calls this "regression"
« on: November 05, 2022, 02:31:40 pm »
Hollywood is rethinking woke; NYT calls this "regression"
David Strom 9:21 PM on November 04, 2022

Hollywood is rethinking going woke, and the New York Times is crying about it.

Neither of these developments is a shock. Hollywood cares about morality as much as a Canadian euthanasia doctor, and the New York Times cares about pleasing the plebs as much as Stalin did about his slaves in the Gulag.

Hollywood has been a moral cesspool for decades–at least. Most actors are morally depraved perverts; executives are worse. The casting couch existed long before Harvey Weinstein, and child actors are at the mercy of pedophiles. It’s hard to find a child actor who didn’t come out of the business a mental wreck. People are as disposable as used tissues.

Weinstein was only taken out because female actresses have gained power and prestige, not because the average Hollywood miscreant suddenly became woke. Woke was the public marketing campaign, not some moral awakening. The Red Carpet crowd does not nor ever did care about morality, whatever they say. They just made the mistake of believing that the public would admire them for their moral preening, but now that it is costing real money they are going to toss the woke BS like a doggie doo bag after picking up turds.

more
https://hotair.com/david-strom/2022/11/04/hollywood-is-rethinking-woke-nyt-calls-this-regression-n508084
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online LMAO

Re: Hollywood is rethinking woke; NYT calls this "regression"
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2022, 03:08:20 pm »
This is evidence that slowly we are winning

Hollywood thumbed their noses at the public and said we have the right to make any woke filled nonsense movie we want. Which is true and I support that right. But I, like others, exercised our right to withhold dollars to their garbage
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2022, 09:41:27 pm »
The last time I went into a movie theater was in 1992, to see "Brother's Keeper".

Won't be going into one again.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2022, 02:35:55 am »
The last time I went into a movie theater was in 1992, to see "Brother's Keeper".

Won't be going into one again.
The last movie the wife and I saw at a movie theater was "Dunkirk" in a small town in a small crowd of mostly same-aged old fogies like us. I don't know when it came out...five years ago or so?
The previous time we went to a movie theater was more than ten years previous to see a Tom Hanks mediocre flick "The Road To Perdition."
 After seeing ten or more flicks in movie theaters annually up to the nineties I started seeing that the movies were getting dull and pointless. More p.c. garbage was being written into the plots.
Hollyweird and other places where they make films do occasionally come out with decent movies.
But the wife and I prefer to view them in the comfort of our home on our 65 inch HD tv free from noise from moviegoers who might not share our desire to watch a movie in peace. And the popcorn I make at home is a lot cheaper than movie theater popcorn.

Offline Idiot

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2022, 03:38:45 am »
The last movie the wife and I saw at a movie theater was "Dunkirk" in a small town in a small crowd of mostly same-aged old fogies like us. I don't know when it came out...five years ago or so?
The previous time we went to a movie theater was more than ten years previous to see a Tom Hanks mediocre flick "The Road To Perdition."
 After seeing ten or more flicks in movie theaters annually up to the nineties I started seeing that the movies were getting dull and pointless. More p.c. garbage was being written into the plots.
Hollyweird and other places where they make films do occasionally come out with decent movies.
But the wife and I prefer to view them in the comfort of our home on our 65 inch HD tv free from noise from moviegoers who might not share our desire to watch a movie in peace. And the popcorn I make at home is a lot cheaper than movie theater popcorn.
Heck....I can't even remember the last movie I saw at a theater.  I bet it's been 10 years or more....maybe 20...lol.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2022, 06:56:31 pm »
I made fun of the series "Yellowstone" a while back for their promiscuous use of the f word.
I rarely take a shot at watching modern movies, but I thought I'd start watching some flick called "Red Rocket" which got three stars in the ratings.
The first minutes of the flick had two characters using the f word basically every sentence they uttered in a conversation.
What is going on in Hollyweird that they think everybody is a prolific user of the f word?