Author Topic: When Dems Asked Swing Voters About Jan. 6 And ‘MAGA’ Threat To Democracy, They Brought Up The 2020 R  (Read 282 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
When Dems Asked Swing Voters About Jan. 6 And ‘MAGA’ Threat To Democracy, They Brought Up The 2020 Riots

Harold Hutchison
Reporter
November 04, 2022 5:09 PM ET

When asked about the “MAGA threat” to democracy, swing voters responded by saying 2020 riots were comparable to the Jan. 6, 2021 riot at the Capitol building, according to a Friday Washington Post column.

Greg Sargent, an opinion writer for the Post, claimed swing voters told Democratic strategist Celinda Lake that both the Republican and Democratic parties engaged in political violence and “manipulate democracy to their advantage,” in a Friday opinion piece. Many voters brought up the riots that followed the death of George Floyd in police custody in May 2020 that killed at least 24 people and caused nearly $1 billion in property damage.

“Why hasn’t the threat to democracy extracted a heavier price from Republicans? Is it true that vulnerable Democrats don’t want Biden to prominently address the topic?” Sargent wrote. “If so, should he have stood down, since Democrats themselves think protecting democracy above all requires keeping MAGA Republicans out of power? Could a more forceful case have made this a bigger voting issue?”

“One thing that diminishes the impact of some of the crises we’re facing is that Americans have historically had tremendous faith in our institutions,” Lake told Sargent.

https://dailycaller.com/2022/11/04/sargent-riots-capitol-republicans-democrats/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

I hear this a lot to from people who aren’t tied to any of the political parties in my own experience

The Democrats blew January 6. They thought that that was going to be their path to permanent electoral Nirvana except that they were silent, and many cases gave verbal support, to the riots in 2020

You find the people that broke the law on January 6 and you charge them and then let them deal with the criminal justice system. You don’t hold them month after month without charging them just because you think you’re gonna be able to use it politically
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy