Author Topic: REPORT: Hakeem Jeffries Emerges As Frontrunner In Race To Replace Pelosi  (Read 349 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
REPORT: Hakeem Jeffries Emerges As Frontrunner In Race To Replace Pelosi

Sarah Weaver
Staff Writer
November 04, 2022 12:13 PM ET

A secret Sept. 1 meeting may have put Hakeem Jeffries on the map to replace California representative Nancy Pelosi’s role as top House Democrat, Politico reports.

House Majority Whip Jim Clyburn of South Carolina and Rep. Hakeem Jeffries of New York, who chairs the House Democratic Caucus, met up at Clyburn’s office during the summer congressional recess, according to the outlet.

Jeffries became aware of a “quiet campaign” from California Rep. Adam Schiff for the speakership, inspiring the New York congressman to fly out to California and speak with Clyburn. At the meeting, Clyburn reportedly expressed his full support for Jeffries’ bid.

https://twitter.com/jmart/status/1588501858867642370

“There’s nothing I would ever do to impede the progress of our up-and-coming young Democrats, and I see him as an up-and-coming young Democrat,” Clyburn said of Jeffries, according to Politico. “He knows that, I didn’t have to tell him that — but I did.”

Republicans are currently favored to win the House of Representatives, according to Five Thirty Eight, and are expected to announce leadership positions a week after the midterms. Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy will likely take over Pelosi’s position as speaker, leaving Jeffries with the post of minority leader.

If Democrats fail to hold the House, Pelosi is widely expected to step down — not just from leadership, but from Congress, Politico reported.

https://dailycaller.com/2022/11/04/hakeem-jeffries-frontrunner-house-leadership-nancy-pelosi/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Killer Clouds

Re: REPORT: Hakeem Jeffries Emerges As Frontrunner In Race To Replace Pelosi
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2022, 01:50:28 pm »
There is no Democratic caucus. There is nothing democratic about DEMOCRATS!

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2022, 02:11:18 pm »
There is no Democratic caucus. There is nothing democratic about DEMOCRATS!

:amen:  pointing-up
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2022, 02:30:50 pm »
Jeffries is currently #5 behind Pelosi, Hoyer, Clyburn, and Clark.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2022, 05:12:18 pm »
Too bad, I was hoping for Schitt.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: