Author Topic: Suspect in Arizona candidate Katie Hobbs campaign burglary was illegal immigrant wanted by ICE  (Read 672 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Suspect in Arizona candidate Katie Hobbs campaign burglary was illegal immigrant wanted by ICE
Chris Pandolfo - Yesterday 8:54 AM

The suspect who was arrested in the alleged burglary of Arizona Democratic gubernatorial candidate Katie Hobbs' campaign office is an illegal immigrant from Portugal who is wanted by immigration authorities.

U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement confirmed to Fox News that 36-year-old Daniel Mota Dos Reis is a citizen of Portugal who came to the United States as a registered student in 2018 and is now violating "the terms of his admission."

An ICE spokesperson said Mota is "currently at-large for administrative immigration violations for failing to maintain his status as a registered student at an academic institution."

Police arrested Mota last Thursday and charged him in connection to the Hobbs campaign headquarters break-in. He was released on bond before an immigration detainer was issued, ICE said.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/suspect-in-arizona-candidate-katie-hobbs-campaign-burglary-was-illegal-immigrant-wanted-by-ice/ar-AA13Hbkb
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online mountaineer

He came to the US as a student at the age of 32? wth.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Kamaji

He came to the US as a student at the age of 32? wth.

People go to college all the time, at all stages of life.  Why would this be so suspect?

Online mountaineer

People go to college all the time, at all stages of life.  Why would this be so suspect?
Yeah, okay.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
I am guessing the irony of the story is that Hobbs is part of the let them in crowd.