Author Topic: Optimistic Democrats insist the polls are wrong  (Read 334 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Optimistic Democrats insist the polls are wrong
« on: November 03, 2022, 10:29:09 pm »
 Optimistic Democrats insist the polls are wrong
by Hanna Trudo - 11/03/22 4:34 PM ET

Every election has its holdouts who predict polling and conventional wisdom leading up to the big vote is way off. This year, the optimism caucus has to work overtime for Democrats.

With less than a week to go until Election Day, most Democrats are bracing for potentially huge defeats — including losing one or both chambers of Congress — but some in the party aren’t willing to concede anything just yet.

“I don’t believe the GOP is headed for any kind of a wave,” said Angelo Cocchiaro, a Democratic Party activist based in Virginia. “The polls show tight races nationwide. I’m expecting Dems [to] pick up a few seats in the Senate, and in the House,” he added. “A historically close result.”

What if, some Democrats are whispering, liberals are right about abortion rights being vastly underrepresented as a motivating factor for voters? What if the drop in gas prices goes a long way in swing states? What if there’s record-setting turnout? What if Democrats’ warnings about the fragility of democracy work in their favor?

And what if, as President Biden preached from the Democratic National Committee last week, the polls he described as “all over the place” offer a surprise ending: “one more shift: Democrats ahead.”

These are the variables that keep some liberals hopeful with days to go.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/3718434-optimistic-democrats-insist-the-polls-are-wrong/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online LMAO

Re: Optimistic Democrats insist the polls are wrong
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2022, 12:50:39 pm »
Denial isn’t a strategy

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2022, 12:53:33 pm »
Denial isn’t a strategy

But it will make the tears of their defeat more delicious.
The Republic is lost.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2022, 12:54:09 pm »
Denial isn’t a strategy

True. But for some, it is a way of life.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn