Author Topic: Democratic Candidate's Dad Blows the Whistle on His Own Son, Accuses Him of Lying About Military Ser  (Read 370 times)

Online Hoodat

Democratic Candidate's Dad Blows the Whistle on His Own Son, Accuses Him of Lying About Military Service

Jack Davis  |  November 3, 2022 at 6:17am

The father of a Democrat running for a seat in the Washington state House of Representatives has accused his son of lying about his military service.

Brett Shavers is the father of 10th District candidate Clyde Shavers, who has claimed in his campaign that he served for eight years as a nuclear submarine officer, according to the Everett Herald.

The Herald said it spoke to the elder Shavers to ensure it was him who wrote a letter to Republican opponent Greg Gilday.

“I have told him not to do embellishments and exaggerations and it continued and continued, it just reached a point where it’s affecting everyone’s integrity and honesty,” Brett Shavers said by phone, according to the report.

The letter, which addressed multiple issues that Shavers had with his son’s campaign material, said “Clyde was never a submarine officer, not even for a day.”

https://twitter.com/rachel_m_riley/status/1587586880430034944

https://www.westernjournal.com/democratic-candidates-dad-blows-whistle-son-accuses-lying-military-service/
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

The letter:

I am Clyde Shavers’ father. I speak for both me and my wife regarding our son’s political campaign.

In watching the past weeks of watching our son’s campaign, I see that it has led to accusations of untruthfulness and conduct that I wished to never have seen or been drawn in the middle of. 

My wife and I write this only to correct the record factually and personally as a matter of integrity.

Clyde was never a submarine officer, not even for a day. Prior to Clyde’s announcement to run for office, he had asked me how to explain his failure of the submarine officer pipeline training.  I stressed to Clyde that he must be truthful and simply state that he went through the many weeks of training. Yet, as seen in campaign materials, Clyde chose instead to claim that he was a submarine officer. I explicitly explained to him that this is akin to claiming to be a Navy SEAL who never completing the training yet being awarded the badge reflecting the position. 

Clyde has only disdain for the military.  I have seen Clyde’s use of veteran status used heavily as a seal of endorsement of honor and integrity, even as he or his campaign continually use the phrase “son of a Marine” for his credibility.  There are no words that I have that could come close to overemphasize Clyde’s negative view of the military, his disdain of enlisted service members, and his revulsion to wear the uniform. This is from conversations that I have had with my son, when trying to convey the honor and privilege of being able to wear such a uniform fell flat on his ears. I am fully aware of those in the military being anxious to complete their service, but Clyde never wanted to go into the military, nor the US Naval Academy in the first place, and bluntly stated animosity against the military and the people in it. I obviously credit his service, but not the abuse of it.

Clyde’s ties to Whidbey Island, or even to any county in Washington outside of King County are zero. The only relation to LD10 is that we have driven Clyde throughLD10 on occasion when he was growing up. Prior to announcing his candidacy forLD10, Clyde had determined that LD10 was a district that he could win, and he would run there. At that time, I explicitly told him that he has nothing to with that area and should run where he grew up. But according to Clyde, the Democrat Party in Washington and residents of Whidbey Island wanted him there to “flip it blue”. That is the reason he chose LD10.

I have seen the claims that Clyde’s residence is in question, that he lives in a Bed and Breakfast.  This is true. Clyde has told us that he rents a room in a Bed and Breakfast. This is his only tie to Whidbey Island and LD10. He has never worked or lived there.  He pointedly said to us that he picked Whidbey Island because he can win, fully believes that he will, and that he eventually will be the youngest President of the United States.  Clyde does own a condo in Kirkland. He does not, nor ever lived there, but he owns it.

OUCH!
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
So just another lying democrat that plays loose with the facts when it serves them in the public eye. I am surprised they even bothered to fact check him being he was running on a certain ticket.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Time to present Mr. Shavers the Richard Blumenthal "truth in campaigning" award...

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I bet the holidays were a wonderous time at the Shavers household.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.