Author Topic: Milwaukee election official fired for alleged fraudulent request of military ballots  (Read 652 times)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...

A Milwaukee election official was fired amid allegations she fraudulently requested military absentee ballots and sent them to a state representative, Mayor Cavalier Johnson announced on Twitter Thursday.

The Milwaukee Election Commission's Deputy Director Kimberly Zapata was terminated for what Johnson, a Democrat, called "an egregious, blatant violation of trust."

Johnson said he first learned Wednesday that Zapata requested "fictitious military ballots from a state election website" and had them sent to GOP state Rep. Janel Brandtjen.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/milwaukee-election-official-fired-fraudulent-request-military-ballots
The Republic is lost.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
So...was Kimberly Zapata  a Republican or a Democrat? When the party is not list in the press it is usually a Rat.  However the wording to condemn her acts reads like how Rats lash out at GOP'rs
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Hoodat

According to Brandtjen, Zapata was demonstrating how easy it is to commit election fraud with military ballots.  Her 'demonstration' has now gotten her into trouble.

In Wisconsin, anyone in the military can request an absentee ballot be sent to any address without proof of identification.  So Zapata made up three names to prove that ballots could be acquired in this manner.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

Illegal Ballot Requests Came From Deputy Milwaukee Election Director

https://urbanmilwaukee.com/2022/11/03/illegal-ballot-requests-came-from-deputy-milwaukee-election-director/

Here's some key takeaways:

Mayor Cavalier Johnson:  "“It does not matter to me that city of Milwaukee ballots were not part of this. Nor does it matter that there was no attempt to vote illegally or tamper with any election results . . ."

What matters to Johnson is that Republicans proved how easy it is for Democrats to commit vote fraud.

Brandtjen characterized the matter earlier this week as someone attempting to expose a loophole in the state’s election system.
“I believe someone was trying to point out how easy it is to get military ballots in Wisconsin,” said the legislator in a statement. “Feeling shocked about this situation is an understatement because it demonstrates stolen valor from those who protect this nation. I think it’s sad that people feel they have to break the law to get the attention of the legislature.”

Can't have any renegades out there one-upping the legislature.

Brandtjen compared the military ballot requests to crimes committed by Harry Wait, who requested ballots for Assembly Speaker Robin Vos and Racine Mayor Cory Mason earlier this year. Wait, a leader of the H.O.T. Government group that promotes claims of voter fraud in the 2020 election, was charged with multiple felonies.

So someone else tried to prove the same thing earlier this year, and Democrats responded by filing felony charges against the whistleblower.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

Gag order issued to man charged with election fraud
Judge bars Harry Wait from speaking to media

https://www.wisn.com/article/gag-order-issued-to-man-charged-with-election-fraud/41125225

Gag issue ordered two month before election so that Wait couldn't talk about how easy it is to commit election fraud in Wisconsin.  How convenient.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

Michael Gableman involved with Harry Wait's defense

RACINE, Wis. —  Former state Supreme Court Justice Michael Gableman, who was recently fired by Assembly Speaker Robin Vos from his taxpayer-funded review of the 2020 election, appeared in Racine County Court Monday to represent a man who has admitted to committing election fraud himself.

Harry Wait is facing several charges after admitting to requesting absentee ballots on other voters' names, including Vos and Racine Mayor Cory Mason.

https://www.wisn.com/article/michael-gableman-will-represent-harry-wait-election-fraud/41278814

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
BREAKING: Deputy Director of Milwaukee Election Commission FIRED for Sending Out Fake Military Ballots to State Residents –UPDATE: Rep Brandtjen Responds

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2022/11/breaking-corrupt-deputy-director-milwaukee-election-commission-fired-sending-fake-military-ballots-state-residents/

On Monday Rep. Janel Brandtjen, Chair of the Assembly on Campaigns and elections sent out an election fraud alert.

Rep. Brandtjen received three authentic military ballots to her home addressed to “Holly,” a woman who has never lived there.

Brantjen believed this was part of a scheme to steal votes in Wisconsin.

Madison – State Representative Janel Brandtjen, Chair of the Assembly Committee on Campaigns and Elections, received authentic military ballots at her home address.

Last Thursday (October 27th), Representative Brandtjen was surprised to find three military ballots sent to her home address from clerks in Menomonee Falls, South Milwaukee and Shorewood. The ballots were all addressed to “Holly” with three different last names. None of these individuals reside, or have resided at her address, and the Representative did not request the ballots. After Rep. Brandtjen made inquiries, she realized these three “Hollys” probably don’t exist. If they did, why would they send ballots to her house?

“I believe someone was trying to point out how easy it is to get military ballots in Wisconsin. Registration for military ballots is not required, so a fictitious name and birthdate is all that is required to obtain a military ballot online,” said Rep Brandtjen. “Feeling shocked about this situation is an understatement because it demonstrates stolen valor from those who protect this nation. I think it’s sad that people feel they have to break the law to get the attention of the legislature. This is now the second time citizens have tried to point out loopholes in our elections,” she added.

Representative Brandtjen delivered the unopened ballots to the Waukesha County Sheriff Friday morning, where they will be investigated. She also contacted the Thomas More Society and Justice Gableman to determine the legal options available to stop the theft of military ballots in Wisconsin.

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

Wisconsin Election Official Fired for Allegedly Sending Fake Military Ballots to State Lawmaker
By Zachary Stieber
November 3, 2022
Updated: November 4, 2022 

An election official in Wisconsin’s most populous city has been fired after allegedly requesting military absentee ballots and sending them to a state lawmaker, the city’s mayor announced on Nov. 3.

Kimberly Zapata, deputy director of the Milwaukee Election Commission, was removed, according to Milwaukee Mayor Cavalier Johnson.

Zapata “apparently sought fictitious military ballots from a state elections website” and directed the ballots to a state lawmaker, Johnson, a Democrat, told reporters during a press conference.

“I will not accept, I will not tolerate, and I certainly will not defend any misrepresentation by a city official involved in elections,” Johnson said. “It does not matter that this might have been an effort to expose a vulnerability that state law created. It does not matter to me that the alleged crime did not take place at work. It does not matter to me that city of Milwaukee ballots were not part of this. Nor does it matter that there was no attempt to vote illegally or tamper with any election results.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/wisconsin-election-official-fired-for-allegedly-sending-fake-military-ballots-to-state-lawmaker_4839414.html?utm_source=epochHG
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

“I will not accept, I will not tolerate, and I certainly will not defend any misrepresentation by a city official involved in elections,” Johnson said. “It does not matter that this might have been an effort to expose a vulnerability that state law created. It does not matter to me that the alleged crime did not take place at work. It does not matter to me that city of Milwaukee ballots were not part of this. Nor does it matter that there was no attempt to vote illegally or tamper with any election results.

Has anyone ever known a democrat to be this honest?  If all he said is true, why  was this person fired?  It looks like power and control to me.
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I don't get it.

Just exactly WHAT was the state lawmaker supposed to do with those bogus ballots?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Mod5

Topics merged.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
I don't get it.

Just exactly WHAT was the state lawmaker supposed to do with those bogus ballots?
If I get the gist of the issue(that would be rare) the point of sending them to the lawmaker may have been to get them to take some action to change how easy it is for someone to vote illegally by pretending to be a member of the military. The current situation appears to allow anyone to request military ballots without any documentation at all.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
If I get the gist of the issue(that would be rare) the point of sending them to the lawmaker may have been to get them to take some action to change how easy it is for someone to vote illegally by pretending to be a member of the military. The current situation appears to allow anyone to request military ballots without any documentation at all.

@GtHawk

Thank you for clearing that up for me.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!