Author Topic: MSNBC Meltdown: “Our Children will be Arrested and Conceivably Killed” if the GOP Wins Midterm Elect  (Read 383 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
MSNBC Meltdown: “Our Children will be Arrested and Conceivably Killed” if the GOP Wins Midterm Elections

Last night, President Joe Biden returned to his earlier claim that his political opponents are fascists seeking to establish authoritarianism in the United States. While the hellish red background is gone from his controversial Philadelphia address, the message remains: a vote for the GOP is a vote for tyranny. Despite polls showing citizens view the President as inciting political unrest and potential violence with such attacks, the theme was quickly picked up and magnified in the media. Presidential historian Michael Beschloss actually suggested on MSNBC that we could be just days away from an authoritarian hellscape if the GOP prevails in midterm elections — raising the specter of our children being taken away and killed.

If you thought that the election was being decided on the top polling issues of the economy, crime, and classic kitchen table issues, think again.

On MSNBC’s “All In with Chris Hayes,” Beschloss went all in on the  “democracy-or-death pitch” before the midterms:

https://jonathanturley.org/2022/11/03/msnbc-meltdown-our-children-will-be-arrested-and-conceivably-killed-if-the-gop-wins-midterm-elections/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
We need a law against emotional terrorism. 22222frying pan
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kamaji

Offline billva

The kind of insanity coming from the far left these days.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
I almost never watch broadcast TV because of the ads, yesterday I did and was disgusted with the ads for Katie Porter and the democrats "my daddy told me there bad people" and they show a picture of Trump. They would have you believe the world will end if evil republicans oust them and the democrat benevolent control and all they wonderous successes in the economy, energy and education.

Offline LMAO

This is similar to what the Democrats did in 1980 when Ronald Reagan ran

If you listened to the Democrats in 1980, by the time Reagan would have been done with his first term, should he be elected, people would be in camps and the world would be destroyed by nuclear war.

This mass hyperbole coming from the Democrats is evidence that they know this midterm is a bloodbath waiting for them. Also, they believe that these are not the  “good” Republicans like McCain or Boehner
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy