Author Topic: Schiff lays groundwork for run to replace Pelosi as Dem leadership shuffle looms  (Read 348 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
November 3, 2022 12:00pm EDT
Schiff lays groundwork for run to replace Pelosi as Dem leadership shuffle looms
If House Speaker Nancy Pelosi steps down after midterms, it would trigger first open election for the top House Democrat in two decades

By Tyler Olson | Fox News

Rep. Adam Schiff is laying the groundwork for a run at the top House Democratic leadership spot should it be vacated by Speaker Nancy Pelosi after the midterms, as a potentially crowded scramble for the top spot is starting to take shape.

Pelosi, D-Calif., has not publicly stated that she would step down as the House Democratic leader whether Democrats keep or lose the majority next week. However, Pelosi has been in charge of the Democratic caucus for two decades, and an increasingly progressive caucus appears hungry for new blood at the top.

"The top three Democratic leaders are all quite old," R Street Institute senior fellow for governance James Wallner told Fox News Digital. "I think there's a real demand inside the Democratic Party and the Democratic Caucus there in the House… for a new generation of leadership."

Enter Schiff, age 62, who has emerged as a possible contender to replace Pelosi in a field that also could include Majority Leader Steny Hoyer, D-Md., Majority Whip Jim Clyburn, D-S.C., Democratic Caucus Chair Hakeem Jeffries, D-N.Y., and others. Schiff is laying the groundwork for a run, a House Democratic aide told Fox News Digital, though that aide said it currently appears Jeffries has more support in the caucus than Schiff.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/schiff-lays-groundwork-run-replace-pelosi-dem-leadership-shuffle-looms
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Hoodat

One thing is for certain.  Someone will move past Jim Clyburn on the ladder.

Hoyer becomes Minority Leader.
Katherine Clark becomes Minority Whip.
Clyburn becomes Caucus Chairman
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline DefiantMassRINO

The Northeast and West Coast white limousine liberals will screw over Majority Whip Jim Clyburn, D-S.C.  They take African-American voters in the South for granted.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online Hoodat

The Northeast and West Coast white limousine liberals will screw over Majority Whip Jim Clyburn, D-S.C.

Won't be the first time either.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
I hope Pelosi goes clawing and screaming in a full scale nuclear war for power, and Clyburn gets a full education of the value of a black man in the Rat party.
The Republic is lost.

Offline bilo

Wouldn't that be something to see, the Rat minority leader banned from committee seats.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home