Author Topic: The Science Fraud  (Read 4276 times)

Offline ChemEngrMBA

• TBR Advisory Committee
The Science Fraud
« on: November 03, 2022, 03:52:18 pm »
Until man duplicates a blade of grass, nature can laugh at his so-called scientific knowledge. - Thomas Edison

Ironically it was the (pseudo) science propounded by Charles Darwin that led Japanese leaders to envision themselves as the race superior to Chinese, whom they bayoneted by the hundreds of thousands, Filipinos, whom they bayoneted by the thousands, Koreans, whom they kept as "comfort women" by the thousands, and anyone else who dared to oppose them. After all, the title of Darwin's book was On the Origin of Species by Natural Selection, or The Preservation of Favored Races in the Struggle for Life.

Like the Japanese, the Nazis thought themselves the favored race, hence the term "Aryan Supremacy."

I am unable to post the photograph of the science of destruction visited upon Hiroshima was downloaded at random from the internet. How ironic that this photograph is numbered "731," which was the designation of a Japanese Unit ordered to utilize science to find the most efficient ways of killing undesirables, by the thousands.

Unit 731 731部隊​

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unit_731

Operation Downfall, the planned allied invasion of Japan, was estimated to cost 1,000,000 American casualties and 10,000,000 Japanese casualties due to the fanatical, suicidal resistance of the Japanese, as evidenced across the Pacific and particularly at Okinawa. Largely for this reason, President Truman authorized the use of nuclear bombs used at Hiroshima and Nagasaki, which saved millions of lives.

It goes without saying, (Peter) Atkins adds, that "there is no reason to suppose that science cannot deal with every aspect of existence." Science is, after all, "the apotheosis of the intellect and the consummation of the Renaissance." - The Devil's Delusion - Atheism and Its Scientific Pretensions by David Berlinski, page 7

These comical declarations may be abbreviated by observing that Atkins is persuaded that not only is science a very good thing, but no other thing is good at all. (Ibid)

Hitler's Germany was a technologically sophisticated secular society, and Nazism itself, as party propagandists never tired of stressing, was "motivated by an ethic that prided itself in being scientific." (From Darwin to Hitler: Evolutionary Ethics, Eugenics, and Racism in Germany) - page 27

The psychologist Steven Pinker has thus introduced into the discussion the remarkable claim that "something in modernity and its cultural institutions has made us nobler. On the scale of decades, comprehensive data again paint a shockingly happy picture.” - Page 21

A Shockingly Happy Picture by Excess Deaths

First World War 15 million

Soviet Union, Stalin's Regime 20 million

Second World War 55 million

People's Republic of China, Mao Zedong 40 million

Congo Free State 8 million

Russian Civil War 9 million

Turkish massacres of Armenians 1.5 million

Kinshasa, Congo 3.8 million

Second Indochina War 3.5 million

Korean War 2.8 million

Cambodia, Khmer Rouge 1.65 million - Page 22

[Two more pages of death statistics follow, painting the "shockingly happy picture"]

This is not to say that science is bad, but rather that like intelligence, it is a force that can be used for good or evil. Unfortunately the claim is made endlessly by the godless Left, the counterpart to the "religious right" that is so frequently attacked, that science is their (godless Left's) exclusive domain, and it is exclusively good. Almost every aspect of their claim is a lie.

Hitler's scientists and doctors enthusiastically pursued the synthesis and manufacture of Zyklon B poison gas and horrific experiments on innocent civilians much the same as the Japanese did.

"We can survive without science, but we cannot survive without religion." - Vox Day

Additional Abuses in the Name of "Science"

Sacrificing Humans for Birds​

Advanced warfare through science is assuredly not the only misuse of science. It's also misused for a variety of other reasons. Under the pretense of protecting birds, DDT was banned worldwide, resulting in millions of deaths, primarily in Africa, from malaria. Silent Spring by Rachel Carson misled and deceived but it made godless leftists feel good and wasn't that special. How many more will suffer and die as the costs of climate change are borne disproportionately by those in desperate need of the essentials of life.

Democrats want to ban fossil fuels for the good of humanity. Sound familiar?

Murdering Babies for Economic Convenience Misnamed "Choice"​

Today, medical science is responsible for killing another million innocent, unborn babies annually in America, a disproportionate number of them black (6 times the ratio of whites). This evil was initiated by Margaret Sanger under the Darwinian pretense of improving the human race by ridding America of blacks. This is the lie of "choice" when the father has no "choice" as to whether he will never see his own child, or pay child support for eighteen years. The four grandparents, who may be willing and able to raise their grandchild, have no "choice." My own niece had to adopt a child from Russia because none are available here in the United States due to the savagery of the godless Left. My dear friend's grandson, born to a drug-addicted mother, was adopted by a beautiful and loving couple 3,000 miles away, who were thrilled finally to find a baby to have and hold and love, such is the scarcity of babies in America given up for adoption, due to abortions.

Researching Anything, Everything, and Nothing​

How many billions of dollars are squandered worldwide for scientific research of no value beyond "We want the money and we're scientists!" Anyone questioning anything these folks in white coats wish to fund, with YOUR money, is subjected to vitriolic calumny.

Crazy Research the U.S. Government is Funding

How long can a shrimp run on a treadmill? Really? Do we need to spend $3 million just to watch shrimps run on a treadmill?

Does playing FarmVille on Facebook help people to make friends and keep them?

How do you ride a bike?

University of California Bringing in Hundreds of Thousands of Asians For Scientific Greed
Annual fees for California residents at UCI total $15,621.10. Foreign students pay an additional $29,754.00. (www.reg.uci.edu) .

So University of California campuses are admitting tens of thousands of Chinese, Koreans, Japanese, and anyone else not born in California to "enhance their revenues." Private sector profits = "bad." Education revenues =wonderful. Brilliant. Resourceful. Diversifying.
Foreigners use college as a guise for immigrating to the U.S. and then bring their families with them by the tens of thousands. The Chinese in particular take advantage of American and university stupidity.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2022, 03:54:11 pm by DeerSlayer »
The Book Commentary: "The book (Brilliant Creations - The Wonder of Nature and Life) is pure genius."
Review by John Orosz, M.D. "It is beyond outstanding. Please send me twenty signed copies for colleagues, family, and libraries."
"I was running every morning for twenty years with a genius." - Mike McCartney, D.D.S.
"You have the most agile mind of anyone I know." -
Avice Marie Griffin, PhD, Clinical Psychologist

Online Kamaji

Re: The Science Fraud
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2022, 03:54:15 pm »
Is the OP saying that science is a fraud?

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2022, 04:28:01 pm »
I think his beef is that science is being used and abused for more evil purposes than good.

It was all downhill after the eugenics movements of the 1800s.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline ChemEngrMBA

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2022, 07:14:56 pm »
Is the OP saying that science is a fraud?

You must be a Leftist.  You misconstrue, and almost certainly intentionally.

I cited examples where science is misused for evil purposes.  You spun that in a misleading way. 

Leftists and atheists prattle "science, science, science," pretending that they alone have a monopoly on science, which most of them can spell and not much else.

Leftists and atheists lie through their teeth that science and Christianity are mutually exclusive.  They are obviously ignorant of the fact that the overwhelming majority of Nobel Laureates in sciences are Christians or Jews, NOT atheists.

Another of my many websites:  http://AreAtheistsRight.blogspot.com
The Book Commentary: "The book (Brilliant Creations - The Wonder of Nature and Life) is pure genius."
Review by John Orosz, M.D. "It is beyond outstanding. Please send me twenty signed copies for colleagues, family, and libraries."
"I was running every morning for twenty years with a genius." - Mike McCartney, D.D.S.

Offline ChemEngrMBA

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2022, 07:20:07 pm »
I think his beef is that science is being used and abused for more evil purposes than good.

No, that was not my point at all.  I simply point out the obvious fact that science has been used for evil purposes, by intellectuals.
Science and intellectualism are the constant boasts of atheists and Leftists, without ever demonstrating evidence of their claims.

The Unabomber is a genius.  So what.  Intellectualism is very different from wisdom, which Leftists and atheists obviously lack, in general.

Online Kamaji

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2022, 07:24:43 pm »
You must be a Leftist.  You misconstrue, and almost certainly intentionally.

I cited examples where science is misused for evil purposes.  You spun that in a misleading way. 

Leftists and atheists prattle "science, science, science," pretending that they alone have a monopoly on science, which most of them can spell and not much else.

Leftists and atheists lie through their teeth that science and Christianity are mutually exclusive.  They are obviously ignorant of the fact that the overwhelming majority of Nobel Laureates in sciences are Christians or Jews, NOT atheists.

Another of my many websites:  http://AreAtheistsRight.blogspot.com

Wow.  Ad hominem much?

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2022, 07:29:06 pm »

It was all downhill after the eugenics movements of the 1800s.

It's true. Science as a whole started scaring me more and more around 20 years ago.

We are doing good things yes, but there is so much evil being done too. And that's what we know about.
The Republic is lost.

Offline ChemEngrMBA

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2022, 08:00:21 pm »
Wow.  Ad hominem much?

Instead of simply tossing out a one-line giggle point, as Leftists do incessantly, why don't you point out any gross errors I made and explain why they were wrong?  That would be too difficult, wouldn't it. 
I cited irrefutable historical catastrophes, in the name of "science" and followed up with facts about deadly, evil atheism, and you think your one-liner cancels all those out?  Not remotely.

Do you EVER challenge your Leftist brethren with "ad hominem much"?
Of course you don't.  You enjoy theirs and partake of them.
"Flat earther."  "Bible-thumper."  "Anti-science."  "bleep."

Hypocrite much?

Online Kamaji

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2022, 08:24:44 pm »
Instead of simply tossing out a one-line giggle point, as Leftists do incessantly, why don't you point out any gross errors I made and explain why they were wrong?  That would be too difficult, wouldn't it. 
I cited irrefutable historical catastrophes, in the name of "science" and followed up with facts about deadly, evil atheism, and you think your one-liner cancels all those out?  Not remotely.

Hypocrite much?

Okey-dokey.  I knew there was a use for the ignore list.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2022, 08:27:55 pm »
It's true. Science as a whole started scaring me more and more around 20 years ago.

We are doing good things yes, but there is so much evil being done too. And that's what we know about.

Interesting subject.  One of my worries is that computer technology advanced so rapidly and become so omnipresent that little effort has been given to understanding it’s long term evolutionary impact on human physiology and psychosocial functions—not to mention the possibility of developing cyborg technology.

In my lifetime computer technology has sprung up and altered society in some strange ways that make me uneasy.  Imagine what a thousand lifetimes of computer advancements will do to humans and what society would look like.

Offline ChemEngrMBA

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2022, 08:44:56 pm »
Imagine what a thousand lifetimes of computer advancements will do to humans and what society would look like.

We do not have a thousand lifetimes.  Our Brilliant Creator gave us an extremely large supply of underground energy sources, but not unlimited.  Those supplies constitute our time limit here on earth.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2022, 09:47:56 pm »
Interesting subject.  One of my worries is that computer technology advanced so rapidly and become so omnipresent that little effort has been given to understanding it’s long term evolutionary impact on human physiology and psychosocial functions—not to mention the possibility of developing cyborg technology.

In my lifetime computer technology has sprung up and altered society in some strange ways that make me uneasy.  Imagine what a thousand lifetimes of computer advancements will do to humans and what society would look like.

Absolute yes. And it is my belief that since WWII the tech that is, and the tech we know, are wildly divergent. I don't think the citizenry has been kept in the light to all that's out there.

One thing that has always stuck with me came from my Dad. One time in the early 70's he showed his boss a Popular Science or Mechanics issue with the speculated Stealth fighter or bomber that would come along a few years after.

His boss had been in military intelligence, I assume during Nam or therebouts. He told my dad that is you are reading that, what they really have is 10+ years more advanced, what's on the drawing board 10+ years beyond that, and what they are conceiving is 10+ years beyond that.

Don't think he meant that in a positive light either. I believe the things you listed need to be considered as real possibilities, and may already be here in some hole in the ground, ready to be revealed when the time is right.
The Republic is lost.

Offline ChemEngrMBA

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2022, 11:34:41 pm »
Absolute yes. And it is my belief that since WWII the tech that is, and the tech we know, are wildly divergent. I don't think the citizenry has been kept in the light to all that's out there.

////
He told my dad that is you are reading that, what they really have is 10+ years more advanced, what's on the drawing board 10+ years beyond that, and what they are conceiving is 10+ years beyond that.

That may be in some areas, however it seems to take a very long time to develop simple concepts or inventions.

First example:  Tennis was invented in 1873.  Rackets came out commercially in 1874, made of wood and flat strings.

One hundred forty-nine years later, tennis rackets are still string the same way, flat.  This is despite the increase in tennis racket depth, front to back, the change in racket materials, in string composition, and most importantly, in play.  Everyone now utilizes topspin and slice, moving the racket head across the ball to make it spin forward or backward.  This greatly increases the number of mishits due to framing the ball.

I have a patent pending on the first new method of stringing rackets  in 149 years. Halfway measures were attempted by Prince and Dunlop but they were unsuccessful.  Mine may not work either but you have to go with what you have.

That research brought me to snow skiing, where the US Ski Association was formed in 1905 but skis were tied to your legs until ski stops were invented around 1961.  They still didn't catch on for a decade or more after that. 

Now we have pendants with a button you must push to summon help if you fall down.  What if you knock yourself out, or lay down and pass out?  Nobody can push a button!   Millions of users and we're stuck with crude tech.  So I invented an App that automatically summons 3 to 5 of your neighbors and relatives which you choose on your smart phone.  I will sell it for half the cost of the goofy pendants and cut the price $1 annually until they are free.  I hope to put them all out of business while saving hundreds of lives, not just of subscribers, but also of their helpless loved ones living with them. 

It will call for help when you have chosen if you need help.
Nine hour sleep period while charging and the process resumes.

Simple, but nobody else got it. Why not?
« Last Edit: November 03, 2022, 11:38:11 pm by DeerSlayer »

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2022, 10:39:26 am »
To me, that is the most damaging aspect to the fouchi reign of abuse.
Science is apolitical, the application of the result of science is the abuse, two separate issues

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2022, 12:56:18 pm »
You must be a Leftist. 

Instead of simply tossing out a one-line giggle point, as Leftists do incessantly,
[...]

Bullshit. @Kamaji is no leftist and you are in violation of board rules.
Foremost, stop making it personal.

Offline ChemEngrMBA

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2022, 01:44:22 pm »
To me, that is the most damaging aspect to the fouchi reign of abuse.
Science is apolitical, the application of the result of science is the abuse, two separate issues

THE POINT IS that atheists and other Leftists preach "science, science, science" while proclaiming themselves the supreme rulers of it.  All others are "stupid" and "anti-science."
In fact lies are their metiers.  Science is clearly not the strictly positive and beneficial field they claim it to be.  It is terribly abused in this Covid Panic, in preaching atheism and climate change and Darwinian evolution.

Offline ChemEngrMBA

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2022, 01:46:22 pm »
Bullshit. @Kamaji is no leftist and you are in violation of board rules.
Foremost, stop making it personal.

"Ad hominem much" was his personal attack on me.  You seem to have missed his opening salvo.  If he is no Leftist, he sure fooled me.  If "hypocrite much" is a violation, then so is "ad hominem much."

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2022, 02:00:31 pm »
"Ad hominem much" was his personal attack on me.  You seem to have missed his opening salvo.  If he is no Leftist, he sure fooled me.  If "hypocrite much" is a violation, then so is "ad hominem much."

His opening remark was merely a question against the OP - The OP is an object, usually referring to the article, not the poster.

Your reply to that was indeed ad hominem, attacking him personally as an inference toward him being a liberal followed by a direct accusation in your next reply. Your personal insults and attacks render your thoughts fetid.

And he did NOTHING hypocritical... All he did was point out the ad hominem, which is TRUE. The rest was all you.

Perhaps you would do well to learn the art of argument.

@Kamaji
« Last Edit: November 04, 2022, 02:02:06 pm by roamer_1 »

Offline aligncare

« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2022, 02:28:26 pm »
His opening remark was merely a question against the OP - The OP is an object, usually referring to the article, not the poster.

Your reply to that was indeed ad hominem, attacking him personally as an inference toward him being a liberal followed by a direct accusation in your next reply. Your personal insults and attacks render your thoughts fetid.

And he did NOTHING hypocritical... All he did was point out the ad hominem, which is TRUE. The rest was all you.

Perhaps you would do well to learn the art of argument.

@Kamaji

Accurate summation @roamer_1

Offline ChemEngrMBA

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2022, 07:43:28 pm »
///

His opening remark was:  "Is the OP saying that science is a fraud?"

This is the methodology of Leftists, putting their words in the mouths of others.
NOWHERE did I say or imply that "science is a fraud." 

Nor is that "merely a question."  It was an intentional insult.

You need to learn the art of argumentation.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2022, 07:46:50 pm »

What @roamer_1 said.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2022, 09:07:48 pm »
His opening remark was:  "Is the OP saying that science is a fraud?"

This is the methodology of Leftists, putting their words in the mouths of others.
NOWHERE did I say or imply that "science is a fraud." 

Nor is that "merely a question."  It was an intentional insult.

You need to learn the art of argumentation.

Baloney. It was a question. You're putting a whole lot of baggage into less than 10 words. Even if it was meant to be argumentative, it was no open insult. It was properly couched. Yours was not. The better way would be to pick up the challenge intellectually, rather than immediately throwing poo. That's the difference between an intellectual argument and screeching insults... You know, like liberals do.  happy77

But I have said enough. Anyone who reads this thread can judge for themselves... Including Admin. Have a nice day.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2022, 09:43:52 pm »
TRUE science is indeed apolitical just like a gun, or any other thing.  HOW science is used is the responsibility of the user! End of story!

Our problem is that nowadays much of what we see under the label of "science" is no such thing. Not even remotely.  CO2 being labeled a pollutant is prima facia evidence.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline ChemEngrMBA

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2022, 12:50:19 am »
Baloney. It was a question.

Do you still beat your wife?
"It was a question."

How is your transgender surgery working out?
"It was a question."

You may pretend that "ad hominem" is calling evil what it truly is.
I would say it is accurately describing acts I pointed out by Nazis and Japanese who slaughtered wantonly. 

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2022, 11:49:45 am »
Do you still beat your wife?
"It was a question."

I don't have a wife.

How is your transgender surgery working out?
"It was a question."

I have never had transgender surgery.

See how easy that is? No fault, no foul.

You may pretend that "ad hominem" is calling evil what it truly is.

I pretend nothing, and you are becoming incoherent. The ad hominem attack was performed by YOU. And it shows the paucity of your position - the need to 'attack the man' is always a weak attempt, a show of fear or intellectual scarcity in the argument

That's why it is seldom used in classical argument. It is weak.

Too bad too... I had entered this thread to participate - And my anti-science stance is well known here, and I predictably would have bolstered your claims, at least tangentially, had the conversation not taken such a threadbare and petty turn.

I would say it is accurately describing acts I pointed out by Nazis and Japanese who slaughtered wantonly.

Which has nothing at all to do with the point at hand.