Author Topic: The climate ‘crisis’ isn’t what it used to be  (Read 272 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The climate ‘crisis’ isn’t what it used to be
« on: November 03, 2022, 01:48:54 pm »
The climate ‘crisis’ isn’t what it used to be
Posted on November 2, 2022 by curryja | 59 Comments
by Judith Curry

Growing realization by the climate establishment  that the threat of future warming has been cut in half over the past 5 years.

Summary:  The climate “catastrophe” isn’t what it used to be. Circa 2013 with publication of the IPCC AR5 Report, RCP8.5 was regarded as the business-as-usual emissions scenario, with expected warming of 4 to 5 oC by 2100. Now there is growing acceptance that RCP8.5 is implausible, and RCP4.5 is arguably the current business-as-usual emissions scenario. Only a few years ago, an emissions trajectory that followed RCP4.5 with 2 to 3 oC warming was regarded as climate policy success. As limiting warming to 2 oC seems to be in reach (now deemed to be the “threshold of catastrophe”), the goal posts were moved in 2018 to reduce the warming target to 1.5 oC. Climate catastrophe rhetoric now seems linked to extreme weather events, most of which are difficult to identify any role for human-caused climate change in increasing either their intensity or frequency.

The main stream media is currently awash with articles from prominent journalists on how the global warming threat less than we thought.  Here are some prominent articles:

https://judithcurry.com/2022/11/02/the-climate-crisis-isnt-what-it-used-to-be/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online mountaineer

Re: The climate ‘crisis’ isn’t what it used to be
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2022, 02:08:40 pm »
This is what the climate "crisis" is, and always has been, about:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2022, 02:09:52 pm »
This is what the climate "crisis" is, and always has been, about:

:mauslaff:

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2022, 02:26:42 pm »
... says a privileged white girl from Sweden.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright