Author Topic: Economic Growth, Bad Science, And Climate Extremism  (Read 174 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Economic Growth, Bad Science, And Climate Extremism
« on: November 03, 2022, 01:41:56 pm »
WRITTEN BY DAVID BARKER ON NOV 3, 2022. POSTED IN LATEST NEWS

Economic Growth, Bad Science, And Climate Extremism

“Follow the science,” we are told, especially the junk science that climate alarmists invent. I recently debunked a piece of junk climate science whose alarmism was featured in the Wall Street Journal, Bloomberg, CNN, CBS, and elsewhere.

This particular junk science was produced by the Federal Reserve. [bold, links added]

Fed officials claimed that warming will cut economic growth by a third, but my simple statistical analysis showed their results were within the margin of error and that minor improvements and new data flip their results!

Mainstream economics shows that warming will have minor economic effects compared to the economic growth we expect over the next century. That is a problem for the climate lobby, which unfortunately includes the Fed.

https://climatechangedispatch.com/economic-growth-bad-science-and-climate-extremism/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson