Author Topic: Democrat Maggie Hassan Rattled at Debate by Gen. Bolduc’s Anti-Establishment Policies  (Read 350 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Democrat Maggie Hassan Rattled at Debate by Gen. Bolduc’s Anti-Establishment Policies

Wendell Husebø 2 Nov 2022

Democrat Sen. Maggie Hassan (D-NH) appeared rattled during Wednesday night’s debate by Republican Gen. Don Bolduc’s anti-establishment policies.

When the moderator asked about soaring prices at the grocery, Hassan said her husband “gasped” at the sticker price for eggs. Gen. Bolduc responded that “she should gasp at it.”

“That’s her fault,” Gen. Bolduc said about inflation. “She should gasp at it. She owns four homes from Washington, DC, to New Hampshire. She is a multi-millionaire.”

Gen. Bolduc also stated he would not have voted for the massive spending that Hassan supported during the pandemic, which fueled inflation.

“Inflation is really hurting Granite Staters,” Hassan responded. “We have to work as hard as we can to lower prices in short term,” she said.

Hassan had no response to the assertion that experts say her votes have fueled inflation.

https://twitter.com/NRSC_Rapid/status/1587970404903108608

Gen. Bolduc continued to slam Hassan about soaring prices. “You can’t even buy a house, you can’t even rent property, you can’t even feed your children, you can’t even heat your home. That is the ultimate tax.”

Hassan has voted to raise the tax burden on Americans making as little as $20,000 per year.

When questioned about spiking energy prices, Hassan blamed “big oil.”

“What you are seeing is big oil jacking up its profits, paying their executives rather than lowering the prices at the pump. And Don Bolduc is not about to hold them accountable,” Hassan said.

Despite condemning “big oil,” Hassan reportedly holds fossil fuel investments.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/midterm-election/2022/11/02/democrat-maggie-hassan-rattled-at-debate-by-gen-bolducs-anti-establishment-policies/
« Last Edit: November 03, 2022, 01:09:28 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Hoodat

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

Despite condemning “big oil,” Hassan reportedly holds fossil fuel investments.

Senator Hassan Denounces Big Oil While Heavily Investing in Fossil Fuel Industry

ISAAC SCHORR  |  March 11, 2022  |  12:09 PM

In March 2018, Hassan took to the Senate floor to accuse Donald Trump of being “focused on an agenda that is based on climate change denial,” and his administration of putting “the priorities of Big Oil companies” above the best interests of the country’s natural resources.  .  .

.  .  .  But while Hassan has often been a rhetorical opponent of the American oil and gas industry, she and her husband have also made significant investments in it.

According to her 2020 financial disclosure, Hassan has between $4,004 and $60,000 invested in fossil-fuel based exchange traded funds (ETFs) and stocks. Once her husband’s holdings are taken into account, she holds between $19,005 and $110,000 in such stocks and ETFs.

Specifically, Hassan’s portfolio boasts up to $80,000 in Alerian MLP, an ETF that includes stocks from a number of fossil fuel companies; up to $15,000 in iShares Global Energy ETF, which includes stock from Chevron, BP, and ExxonMobil; and up to $15,000 in stock in Energy Transfer LP, whose “core operations include transportation, storage and terminalling for natural gas, crude oil, refined products and liquid natural gas.”

Energy Transfer LP is also the operator of the Dakota Access Pipeline, which became a lighting rod for environmental groups. Its completion was briefly blocked by Barack Obama in the waning days of his administration before Donald Trump reversed the action.  .  .

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/senator-hassan-denounces-big-oil-while-heavily-investing-in-fossil-fuel-industry/
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
If I had my own oil company, I would name it "Big Oil".

Then I would demand retractions every time someone used the phrase.

Yes, Virginia, there are some really big oil companies, but far more smaller ones. The big ones making bank have major investments around the globe, and can drill in places Biden can't reach, where people actually want oil and Gas to be produced.

In the US, over 50% of the land west of the Mississippi, the continental shelves, Gulf of Mexico, and most of Alaska are Federally controlled, and as a result of law defying leasing policies of the Biden Administration, there are fewer places to drill, despite reserves being there. If you can get the lease, you still have to get permits to drill, build production infrastructure, and have the ability to transport that oil or gas to refineries and processing facilities. The administration has obstructed such progress at every step.
The down side of this is that only part of the pain is being felt. As existing wells deplete, there will, even with an administration that is friendly toward the idea of producing our own, be a period when there will be less production before exploration and development can catch up--another price spike to fuel the next 'boom', before we can regain energy self-sufficiency through bringing new production on line.
We drill tomorrow's oil today, but today is not happening like it should in order to restore and maintain production levels in the future at a pre-COVID level.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline cato potatoe

I was pleased to hear him say he would have voted against the CARES Act.  The moderator nor Hassan were expecting that.