Author Topic: Quinnipiac: Say, we've just discovered an eight-point flip to the GOP -- among registered voters Ed  (Read 569 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Quinnipiac: Say, we've just discovered an eight-point flip to the GOP -- among registered voters
Ed Morrissey 2:01 PM on November 02, 2022

Gee, this looks like a trend, no? The question, as it was earlier today with the sudden shifts in polling at CNN and NPR/Marist, is what’s actually trending. Is it voters or pollsters?

Before you answer that, here’s Quinnipiac with the biggest gap jump of the day, although on a longer time line. Two months ago, Quinnipiac reported Democrats leading in their national generic ballot polling, 47/43. Now that Election Day is less than a week away, Quinnipiac has found sudden Republican momentum to the tune of an eight-point flip in the gap. And this is among registered voters rather than likely voters:

https://twitter.com/SteveKornacki/status/1587827254482145284

Why is Quinnipiac reporting RVs rather than LVs at this stage? Dunno, but here’s how Quinnipiac reports its latest iteration:

Among registered voters, if the election were today, 48 percent say they would want to see the Republican Party win control of the United States House of Representatives, while 44 percent say the Democratic Party.

This is a shift from a Quinnipiac University poll on August 31st when 47 percent said the Democratic Party and 43 percent said the Republican Party.

As for which party registered voters would want to see win control of the United States Senate, 48 percent say the Republican Party and 45 percent say the Democratic Party. This compares to August when 47 percent said the Democratic Party and 45 percent said the Republican Party.

more
https://hotair.com/ed-morrissey/2022/11/02/quinnipiac-say-weve-just-discovered-an-eight-point-flip-to-the-gop-among-registered-voters-n507592
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
It's the pollsters! They always try to get real before election day. Nothing new about that.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
It's the pollsters! They always try to get real before election day. Nothing new about that.

Really hoping the cratering will accelerate this last week. The screeching banshee wail of the woke Left is already a joyous noise to my ears.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

"Just discovered"  --- this is a rather clever way of sayng we're going to show you what we've been hiding.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Really hoping the cratering will accelerate this last week. The screeching banshee wail of the woke Left is already a joyous noise to my ears.

And mine, I'll assure you! I just hope that what gets elected is worth the effort.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline aligncare

Right on that.  Early in an election cycle unscrupulous polling groups (mostly favoring democrats) will tailor the questions and their internal metrics to sway public opinion to the left.  But, if they ever want to eat again (ie. be hired again) they start conducting clean surveys in the week or two before the election to get an accurate picture of voter sentiment for bragging rights.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
And mine, I'll assure you! I just hope that what gets elected is worth the effort.

My hopes are that the lion's share of the win is at the state level. All these cultural/basic governance issues that have become front and center are a huge opportunity for the GOP, and a great deal of it can be dealt without the Federales.

I do hope we take enough seats in the House so that there aren't enough RINO's to kiss Biden's backside and bring forth any more of his crap legislation. If we are lucky beyond luck there will be a revolt in the Senate and remove McConnell, but otherwise the Senate is dead even if we get 55 seats.

Even if nothing else happens, I want to knock the Dems back far enough that they are total wasteland of civil war clear into '24 and maybe beyond.
The Republic is lost.

Offline DB

"Just discovered"  --- this is a rather clever way of sayng we're going to show you what we've been hiding.

I think the term is "unexpected"...

Offline berdie

My hopes are that the lion's share of the win is at the state level. All these cultural/basic governance issues that have become front and center are a huge opportunity for the GOP, and a great deal of it can be dealt without the Federales.

I do hope we take enough seats in the House so that there aren't enough RINO's to kiss Biden's backside and bring forth any more of his crap legislation. If we are lucky beyond luck there will be a revolt in the Senate and remove McConnell, but otherwise the Senate is dead even if we get 55 seats.

Even if nothing else happens, I want to knock the Dems back far enough that they are total wasteland of civil war clear into '24 and maybe beyond.

goopo

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

Hey! You be singin off my sheet of music @Free Vulcan

- J. R. R. Tolkien