Author Topic: Washington Post column calls for Biden, Harris not to run in 2024  (Read 369 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
November 2, 2022 11:52am EDT
Washington Post column calls for Biden, Harris to drop out of 2024 race: 'Unfitness has been demonstrated'
Washington Post columnist George Will voted for Biden in 2020
By David Rutz | Fox News

Washington Post columnist George Will called on both President Biden and Vice President Kamala Harris to not seek the White House in 2024 in a scathing piece Wednesday, calling them unfit for office.

Will, a conservative known for his staunch opposition to Donald Trump, was unsparing, writing that Biden is not just past his prime, but "even adequacy is in his past." Of Harris, he wrote her "style betrays a self-satisfied exaggeration of her aptitudes. Lacking natural talent, she needs to prepare, but evidently doesn’t." Will voted for Biden in 2020, the first time he had ever supported a Democrat, but he wants a new candidate.

"In 2024, the Republican Party might present the nation with a presidential nominee whose unfitness has been demonstrated," Will wrote. "After next Tuesday’s sobering election results, Democrats should resolve not to insult and imperil the nation by doing likewise."

Will wrote Biden's recent falsehood that he had signed a student debt forgiveness "law" was an alarming reminder that he shouldn't seek another term. Rather, the handout was done through executive action and not a bill he signed into law that passed by a "vote or two," as Biden erroneously claimed.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/media/washington-post-column-calls-biden-harris-drop-2024-race-unfitness-demonstrated
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

Re: Washington Post column calls for Biden, Harris not to run in 2024
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2022, 06:33:06 pm »
If things continue as they are under Biden‘s leadership it doesn’t matter who the Democrats run in 2024. The GOP will tie that person to Joe Biden

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline DB

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2022, 06:39:12 pm »
Biden has a long history of arrogant stupidity - and that's on you for voting for him. Why should anyone listen to what you have to say after that?

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2022, 08:18:12 pm »
If the Dems lose as badly as I think they're gonna, things might get real dicey on the Dem side. The knives and the nukes will be out in force. Alot of that is going to fall on the Administration.

Skeezy Joe (and Jill) has tasted the power and the perks, and while he might not be all there, I don't see where he's far enough gone to just give up if they try to remove him.

And the resulting fight might get real interesting, and let's hope it doesn't get out of hand and spill out into some real ugly avenues.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2022, 08:19:13 pm by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2022, 08:36:17 pm »
Dems, don't worry.  Hillary Clinton will come to the rescue whether or not you want her to.

Hillary Clinton is that overly helpful sociopathic neighbor who is passive-aggressively inflicting her vengeance upon the neighbors whose cars have Obama, Bernie, or Biden bumper stickers.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline BellyAche

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2022, 09:08:43 pm »
From a July 2020 article in The Hill:

While the Washington Post columnist [G. Will] has never endorsed a Democrat for office at the presidential level, his decision to support Biden is not surprising; in 2018, Will came out in favor of voters ousting Republican lawmakers in the House and Senate, calling for the number of GOP elected officials to be “substantially reduced.”

“The principle: The congressional Republican caucuses must be substantially reduced. So substantially that their remnants, reduced to minorities, will be stripped of the Constitution’s Article I powers that they have been too invertebrate to use against the current wielder of Article II powers,” Will wrote for the Post in June 2018. “They will then have leisure time to wonder why they worked so hard to achieve membership in a legislature whose unexercised muscles have atrophied because of people like them.”

“The Republican-controlled Congress, which waited for Trump to undo by unilateral decree the border folly they could have prevented by actually legislating, is an advertisement for the unimportance of Republican control,” he added at the time.

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/508391-conservative-columnist-george-will-says-hes-voting-for-biden/
Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. - Theodore Roosevelt

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2022, 11:32:51 pm »
From the article:
Will, a conservative known for his staunch opposition to Donald Trump, was unsparing, writing that Biden is not just past his prime, but "even adequacy is in his past."

Sounds like Mr. Will is writing about himself.