Author Topic: White Suburban Women Swing Toward Backing Republicans for Congress  (Read 383 times)

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...

White suburban women, a key group of midterm voters, have significantly shifted their support from Democrats to Republicans in the closing days of midterm campaigning because of rising concerns over the economy and inflation, according to the latest Wall Street Journal poll.

The new survey shows that white women living in suburban areas, who make up 20% of the electorate, now favor Republicans for Congress by 15 percentage points, moving 27 percentage points away from Democrats since the Journal’s August poll. It also suggests that the topic of abortion rights has faded in importance after Democrats saw energy on that issue this summer in the wake of the Supreme Court’s decision to overturn Roe v. Wade.

“We’re talking about a collapse, if you will, in that group on the perceptions of the economy,” said Republican pollster Tony Fabrizio who conducted the poll with Democratic pollster John Anzalone. The poll showed that 54% of white suburban women think the U.S. is already in a recession and 74% think the economy is headed in the wrong direction.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/white-suburban-women-swing-toward-backing-republicans-for-congress-11667381402?st=vah8l1cbghf7plz&reflink=desktopwebshare_permalink
The Republic is lost.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: White Suburban Women Swing Toward Backing Republicans for Congress
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2022, 02:47:19 pm »
They called them 'Security Mom's" several elections ago.

Has the press givin these gals a catchy nickname/label yet?
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Millee

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2022, 03:56:49 pm »
Although the article doesn't mention it, I would imagine the garbage that is being pushed on kids in schools plays a large part of it. 

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2022, 04:03:18 pm »
They called them 'Security Mom's" several elections ago.

Has the press givin these gals a catchy nickname/label yet?

Soccer Moms a few before that. 

MSM's new name...probably Turncoat Wenches.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2022, 04:16:30 pm »
Soccer Moms a few before that. 

MSM's new name...probably Turncoat Wenches.

Insurrectionist Terrorists! Did you know that Suburban Women were the biggest demographic at the Jan 6 riots?  Yeah that's the ticket! wink777
The Republic is lost.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2022, 04:52:59 pm »
This was the voter block that rejected Donald Trump so this is good news for the Republicans
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy