Author Topic: ‘Secure, survive, strike’: The Navy’s new approach for cyber dominance  (Read 236 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
‘Secure, survive, strike’: The Navy’s new approach for cyber dominance
By Colin Demarest
 Oct 31, 12:42 PM

WASHINGTON — The U.S. Navy this month highlighted the values the service is using to shape its cyberspace investments and improve its day-to-day digital posture, including what one official described as the ability to “fight hurt.”

The Cyberspace Superiority Vision, announced Oct. 28, contains three tenets: secure, survive and strike. The pillars, according to the documents, are “fundamental to maintaining maritime dominance” and ensuring Navy and Marine Corps operations proceed smoothly across increasingly cyber-contested environments.

The right cyber investments are critical, officials say, as the U.S. positions itself for a fight against technologically advanced opponents such as China and Russia after decades of focusing on counterterrorism and less-equipped forces in the Middle East.

The superiority plan was teased earlier this year by Chris Cleary, the Navy’s principal cyber adviser.

https://www.c4isrnet.com/cyber/2022/10/31/secure-survive-strike-the-navys-new-approach-for-cyber-dominance/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson