Author Topic: Eversource CEO asks Biden to take emergency action on New England natural gas supply  (Read 782 times)

Offline DefiantMassRINO

https://www.boston.com/news/local-news/2022/10/31/eversource-biden-emergency-action-new-england-natural-gas/?p1=hp_primary
Eversource CEO asks Biden to take emergency action on New England natural gas supply

“I am deeply concerned about the potentially severe impact a winter energy shortfall would have on the people and businesses of this region.”

By Ross Cristantiello   
October 31, 2022

The head of Eversource is sounding the alarm to President Biden, urgently requesting that he use emergency powers to ensure New England residents will have enough fuel to stay warm and avoid blackouts this winter.

The concerns were expressed by Eversource President and CEO Joseph R. Nolan, Jr. in a letter sent to the White House last Thursday.

“As both an energy company CEO and a lifelong New Englander, I am deeply concerned about the potentially severe impact a winter energy shortfall would have on the people and businesses of this region,” Nolan wrote.

Despite Eversource and other entities accelerating work on large-scale clean energy projects like offshore wind farms and hydropower facilities, Nolan said that New England remains dependent on natural gas to meet power needs — both this winter and for the foreseeable future.

Nolan also cites concerns raised by ISO-New England, the region’s electricity grid operator, and the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission. For months, representatives from those organizations have warned that New England will not have enough natural gas to meet power supply needs if weather conditions bring a period of severe cold to the region. ...
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Joe Biden doesn't care if New Englanders freeze to death.  He'll be warm and cozy in his basement in Delaware.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Despite Eversource and other entities accelerating work on large-scale clean energy projects like offshore wind farms and hydropower facilities, Nolan said that New England remains dependent on natural gas to meet power needs — both this winter and for the foreseeable future.

It seems, for whatever reasons, these utilities placed their bets on "Green".

The new Lysenkoism of "Green" and other pseudoscience will lead to unnecessary death, just as the COVID response.
Democrat: the party of death.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline DefiantMassRINO

The placed their bets on Green Energy because that's what all the cool kids were doing.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline DB

The placed their bets on Green Energy because that's what all the cool kids were doing.

And where the money is.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
And where the money is.

It's not real money.  It is Government money printed out of thin air.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline DB

It's not real money.  It is Government money printed out of thin air.

It's money that we're paying out of our pockets due to the higher cost of energy that passes through on the cost of everything.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
In the meantime, are we still sending tankers full of LPG to Europe?

If so, WHY...?

One more reason why -- as I have posted numerous times previously -- American energy (coal, petroleum, natural gas) produced in America should STAY IN AMERICA.

No foreign sales to anybody.

Sorry to those members of the forum who work in the energy sector.
I ain't changin' my mind about this.

Offline libertybele

If so, WHY...?

One more reason why -- as I have posted numerous times previously -- American energy (coal, petroleum, natural gas) produced in America should STAY IN AMERICA.

888high58888
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

If so, WHY...?

I'm all for exporting surplus. We don't have that.
But keep in mind that this was the predictable outcome of New York's anti pipeline stance, and no one was squeaking then.
People voted for this, and they should be reminded of that every day.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Hoodat

But keep in mind that this was the predictable outcome of New York's anti pipeline stance

And NY's anti-fracking stance.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-