Author Topic: What the US Navy must learn from Ukraine's bold drone attack on Russia's Black Sea Fleet  (Read 153 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
What the US Navy must learn from Ukraine's bold drone attack on Russia's Black Sea Fleet
Jeff Schogol - 1h ago

Ukraine’s daring attack on Russia’s Black Sea Fleet over the weekend should serve as a warning to the U.S. Navy that the threat posed by unmanned boats laden with explosives to larger warships is real — and it will only become more dire as the technology of drone boats continues to improve.

As The War Zone recently reported, the Ukrainian military has released video footage that purportedly shows the attack on Russian warships by unmanned surface vessels, one of which may have damaged a Russian frigate, the Admiral Makarov.

On Monday, a senior military official told reporters the Defense Department believes explosions had taken place at Russia’s naval base in Sevastopol in Crimea, but the official declined to say what may have caused the blasts or how extensive the damage was.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/what-the-us-navy-must-learn-from-ukraine-s-bold-drone-attack-on-russia-s-black-sea-fleet/ar-AA13C4wF?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=4d597052bf864c00850c46dce3fe90c1
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson