Author Topic: Homebuyers Fleeing Big Cities Due to High Inflation and Rates  (Read 480 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Homebuyers Fleeing Big Cities Due to High Inflation and Rates
« on: October 31, 2022, 06:18:33 pm »
Homebuyers Fleeing Big Cities Due to High Inflation and Rates

Amy Furr 31 Oct 2022

Homebuyers are trying to escape big cities as inflation and rates in President Joe Biden’s (D) America hurt citizens financially.

“More homebuyers looked to leave San Francisco than any other major metro, followed by Los Angeles, New York, Washington, D.C. and Boston. That’s determined by net outflow, a measure of how many more Redfin.com users looked to leave an area than move in,” the company reported Monday.

Many people leaving New York have their sights set on Miami because of its warm climate and less expensive housing.

“And buyers looking to depart Boston are flocking to Portland, ME, where the typical home costs roughly $200,000 less,” the Redfin article said.

In addition to inflation, skyrocketing mortgage rates and the struggling economy continued frightening homebuyers, the company reported Saturday.

“Pending home sales fell 35%, the largest annual decline and the fewest homes under contract in any October since at least 2015,” its social media post read:

https://twitter.com/Redfin/status/1586402552161107969

more
https://www.breitbart.com/economy/2022/10/31/homebuyers-fleeing-big-cities-due-high-inflation-rates/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

Re: Homebuyers Fleeing Big Cities Due to High Inflation and Rates
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2022, 06:21:45 pm »
Good luck selling their house in the big cities
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline berdie

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2022, 09:21:00 pm »
I see evidence of the flight happening in my rural town that is about 65 miles from Dallas.

It does not make me happy.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2022, 09:46:29 pm »
berdie observes:
"I see evidence of the flight happening in my rural town that is about 65 miles from Dallas.
It does not make me happy."

But... but...
Isn't population growth a GOOD thing?

And isn't being for the paradigm of a considerably smaller population (both locally and globally) "anti-conservative"?

Asking for a friend...

Offline berdie

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2022, 10:02:34 pm »
berdie observes:
"I see evidence of the flight happening in my rural town that is about 65 miles from Dallas.
It does not make me happy."

But... but...
Isn't population growth a GOOD thing?

And isn't being for the paradigm of a considerably smaller population (both locally and globally) "anti-conservative"?

Asking for a friend...

I don't find population growth to always be a good thing. Sure, the tax base will expand. But expenses imposed by an expanded population will as well. Considering the area the refugees are fleeing from, it could cause a change in the political landscape. And from a strictly selfish stand point...if I had wanted to live in Dallas, I would have stayed there. This little town is very nice.

To your second question...I have no idea what you are talking about @Fishrrman . So I can't answer your friend.

I maybe overlooking a sarcastic bent in your post and just being too literal? :laugh: