Author Topic: Illegal immigration set records this year, but Democrats kept border funding flat  (Read 199 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
BORDER SECURITY Published October 28, 2022 6:00am EDT

Illegal immigration set records this year, but Democrats kept border funding flat

Money for CBP stayed the same, while ICE funding grew just a little
Peter Kasperowicz By Peter Kasperowicz | Fox News

856 migrants have died at US southern border in 2022, breaking record: CBP
Fox News correspondent Bill Melugin on surge in illegal migration and crime at the southern border on 'Special Report with Bret Baier.'

The Biden administration and Congress did nothing to boost funding for two key border security agencies in the last fiscal year, leaving them each at the same level as last year even as they coped with a record surge in illegal immigrants.

Final spending data released by the Treasury Department shows that U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP), which enforces immigration laws at the border and runs the U.S. Border Patrol, received no new funding to deal with the problem, which included a record number of migrant encounters over the course of the year.

In fiscal year 2022, which ended Sept. 30, CBP spent $17.8 billion, almost exactly the same as it spent in FY21.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/dems-border-funding-flat-record-setting-year-illegal-immigration
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
They didn't need to raise funding as the border was closed, no matter what the facts show.  Democrats and the media said it was closed and that trumps anything facts say. :whistle:
« Last Edit: October 31, 2022, 05:19:56 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson