Author Topic: A Disturbing Movement Is Picking Up Steam On The Left — Letting Noncitizens Vote  (Read 303 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
A Disturbing Movement Is Picking Up Steam On The Left — Letting Noncitizens Vote
Jason SneadOctober 29, 20220

Voting has long been one of the privileges of American citizenship, but perhaps not for much longer. Left-wing activists are going all-in with their demands to let noncitizens vote, and Washington, D.C., just took up the charge.

The D.C. City Council advanced a bill to let anyone vote in local elections, regardless of citizenship and immigration status, as long as they live in the city for just 30 days.

The measure is so extreme, even the reliably liberal Washington Post editorial board called it “radical.”

If Washington, D.C., Mayor Muriel Bowser signs the Local Resident Voting Rights Amendment Act of 2022, an estimated 50,000 noncitizen residents — including those here illegally — would be free to cast ballots in local elections

https://www.conservativedailynews.com/2022/10/a-disturbing-movement-is-picking-up-steam-on-the-left-letting-noncitizens-vote/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The government should just send a couple million ballots to each embassy so each citizen of those countries won't have to come here illegally to exercise their "right" to vote. :whistle:
« Last Edit: October 31, 2022, 04:54:58 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Why did the Democrats throw the Southern Border wide open, Alex?

Treasonous moves for $500...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline DefiantMassRINO

No shit.

That's why the Massachusetts Legislature over-rode Governor Baker's veto to allow illegal immigrants to ger drivers' licenses.

Question #3 on the Massachusetts ballot is a popular attempt to over-ride the Massachusetts Legislature.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.