Author Topic: GOP bracing for Trump indictment soon after Election Day  (Read 312 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
GOP bracing for Trump indictment soon after Election Day
« on: October 31, 2022, 01:20:27 pm »
GOP bracing for Trump indictment soon after Election Day
by Alexander Bolton - 10/31/22 6:00 AM ET

Republican aides and strategists privately expect Attorney General Merrick Garland to pursue an indictment of former President Trump within 60 to 90 days after Election Day, predicting the window for prosecuting Trump will close once the 2024 presidential campaign gains momentum. 

Republican aides on Capitol Hill and veteran party strategists emphasize they don’t have any inside information on what Garland might do, but they say the attorney general is under heavy pressure from Democrats to act and the deadline for pursuing an indictment is fast approaching. 

GOP aides also warn that an indictment of Trump by the Biden administration would further polarize the nation and likely strengthen Trump’s support from the Republican Party’s base as the former president and his allies would frame the Department of Justice’s prosecution as a political witch hunt. 

“A couple of weeks after the election, I assume that Garland will indict Trump,” said one veteran Republican aide, expressing a sentiment shared by several other GOP aides and strategists. 

A second Republican aide warned an indictment “could actually end up helping the [former] president politically.” 

“People have been talking about splintering support and dampening enthusiasm among Republican voters for him. An indictment could actually galvanize and reunify Republicans around him,” the aide said, predicting the Republican backlash to an indictment would be stronger if Garland brings an indictment later in the 2024 election cycle. 

“There’s a substantial risk in waiting,” the source added. 

Republican aides and strategists point out the party base quickly rallied behind Trump after the FBI raided his Mar-a-Lago estate in early August. 

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/3710063-gop-bracing-for-trump-indictment-soon-after-election-day/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online The_Reader_David

Re: GOP bracing for Trump indictment soon after Election Day
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2022, 01:47:51 pm »
The question is whether the 'Rats understand Emerson's dictum, "if you shoot at a king, you must kill him"?

If they indict Trump with a case that doesn't secure a conviction, they ensure his renomination and reelection.  And it better by on charges other than the one Comey let Hillary skate on.  If they get a conviction on mishandling of classified information, they might keep him from running, but they essentially guarantee whoever the GOP candidate is (and even then, it might be Trump) will win and that the GOP will go after the permanent bureaucracy in the FBI and DOJ to root out Democrat partisans.
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2022, 02:01:41 pm »
Why is the GOP worried about Trump getting indicted?

So, is this an admission that the GOP is the Party of Trump?  Should DeSantis supporters leave the party?

Or, is this an admission that members of the GOP are worried that they may be indicted as co-conspirators?

The GOP should be focused on winning the midterms, and governing the nation once the new Congress is sworn in. 

Does the GOP remember what it means to "govern", or will they waste another two years of our lives not making progress on energy, immigration, border security, inflation, Government spending, Government over-regulation, national supply chain security, etc.?
« Last Edit: October 31, 2022, 02:15:22 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2022, 02:15:45 pm »
Well, if the GOP takes control of the congress and garland is not impeached within 24hrs, then the GOP set Trump up for this...

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2022, 02:18:07 pm »
Sorry but I'm not buying! IF Trump gets indicted the discovery process starts and the ain't about to let that happen!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien