Author Topic: Bad energy policies never die  (Read 218 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Bad energy policies never die
« on: October 30, 2022, 05:50:28 pm »
Bad energy policies never die

By CFACT Ed |October 30th, 2022|General Information|19 Comments
BY MICHELLE MICOT AND LUCIAN PUGLIARESI:

Thus far in 2022, political actors and their acolytes are dusting off, again, every bad idea that has ever permeated political debate in the United States regarding energy. Among them:

• Price caps, which do nothing to provoke demand response or salient investment.

• Export bans, which only shrink the global supply pie, worsening price pressures.

• Tapping strategic oil reserves, originally reserved for emergencies – a tactic too often deployed to manage or attempt to manage prices.

• Appealing to OPEC (and OPEC+) to open spigots while also investigating and/or invoking sanctions against, and/or attempting to legislate against, OPEC.

None of these are new, or even clever, or even useful, but they are being presented to voters here and abroad as such.

Allow us to suggest a simple fix.

https://www.cfact.org/2022/10/30/bad-energy-policies-never-die/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=bad-energy-policies-never-die
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson