Author Topic: Republicans enter final stretch acutely aware they must deliver big after Election Day By John Solo  (Read 273 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Republicans enter final stretch acutely aware they must deliver big after Election Day

From veteran lawmakers to first-time candidates, commitment is to fix economy, energy crisis, border and crime while reining in runaway spending.

By John Solomon

Updated: October 29, 2022 - 11:20pm

Buoyed by rising popularity in the polls, Republican candidates for Congress are acutely aware their easiest job right now may be winning the midterm elections and that the harder work will be delivering afterwards — with Democrat Joe Biden still in the White House — on voters' high expectations for fixing inflation, crime, insecure borders, the fentanyl crisis and crippling budget deficits.

From longtime lawmakers to first-time candidates, Republicans sounded consistent themes during a frank conversation with Just the News about what voters expect if they put the GOP in control of one or both chambers of Congress.

They said using congressional budget purse strings to force the Biden administration to ramp up restrained energy production was the key to lowering inflated prices on everything from food to transportation.

"Good energy policy is the number one thing we can do to fix inflation in this country," Rep. Austin Scott (R-Ga.) said on "On Offense: Policy for the People," a Just the News television special sponsored by Heritage Action for America airing on Real America's Voice. "And so when we talk about food inflation, just remember we put seeds in the ground with diesel — I mean that's a diesel tractor that's pulling the planters, it's a diesel tractor that's spraying the fields, it's a diesel tractor that's doing the harvest, and it's a diesel semi that is getting that harvest to ... the company that's making the cereal that we eat, or the bread that we eat, or any of the other things that we eat.

more
https://justthenews.com/government/congress/republicans-enter-final-stretch-acutely-away-they-must-deliver-big-after
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

That holds especially true for newly elected GOP govenors
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy