Author Topic: Summers: We’ve Had ‘Essentially No GDP Growth’ with Stronger Core Inflation for Nine Months Despite  (Read 474 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Summers: We’ve Had ‘Essentially No GDP Growth’ with Stronger Core Inflation for Nine Months Despite Claims Inflation Will Come Down

Ian Hanchett 29 Oct 2022

During an interview aired on Friday’s edition of Bloomberg’s “Wall Street Week,” Harvard Professor, economist, Director of the National Economic Council under President Barack Obama, and Treasury Secretary under President Bill Clinton Larry Summers reacted to the third quarter GDP numbers by saying that we’ve had nine months of “essentially no GDP growth and inflation on core measures probably stronger than it was at the beginning of the nine months, suggesting that we’ve got real challenges ahead.” And that despite arguments that inflation will decline, it hasn’t actually declined.

Summers stated, “It confirmed what I think we knew, that, despite two negative quarters, the economy was not in any real sense in recession at this point. But if you look through the numbers to private, domestic demand, which is probably the best indicator of economic strength, it really wasn’t very strong, well below 1% for the third quarter. And so, I think what we’ve now had for nine months is essentially no GDP growth and inflation on core measures probably stronger than it was at the beginning of the nine months, suggesting that we’ve got real challenges ahead. There continue to be arguments that inflation rates are going to come down, but we haven’t yet seen them come down. So, I don’t think the fundamental picture that a soft landing remains an enormous and unlikely challenge is very different than it was before we got these numbers.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2022/10/29/summers-weve-had-essentially-no-gdp-growth-with-stronger-core-inflation-for-nine-months-despite-claims-inflation-will-come-down/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Why we continue to allow the creation of money out of thin air mystifies me! It's lunacy!
« Last Edit: October 29, 2022, 07:49:53 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline EdinVA

So... biden is a liar?   :whistle:

Online libertybele

So... biden is a liar?   :whistle:

...and an evil one at that.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline yodaspock

Remember in 2012 during the Barry's last election the employment numbers went down so everyone knew we were done with the downturn so Barry won the election, But after the election they changed them back to the real numbers that sucked. So did they do the same thing with the GDP numbers for this election?