Author Topic: Hundreds of thousands of immigrants' legal status at risk after talks collapse  (Read 267 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Hundreds of thousands of immigrants' legal status at risk after talks collapse
Camilo Montoya-Galvez - Yesterday 12:31 PM

Negotiations between the Biden administration and attorneys representing hundreds of thousands of immigrants living in the U.S. under a temporary humanitarian program collapsed this week, paving the way for Trump-era decisions to revoke their legal status to take effect absent court intervention.

After more than a year of federal court talks, the Biden administration and the immigrants' lawyers failed to forge an agreement over ways to protect groups of immigrants who the Trump administration decided should no longer be allowed to live and work in the U.S. under the Temporary Protected Status (TPS) program.

Due to the talks' collapse, roughly 337,000 immigrants from El Salvador, Nicaragua, Nepal and Honduras could lose their ability to live in the U.S. legally under TPS as early as Dec. 31. The program allows the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) to offer deportation protections and work permits to immigrants from countries with armed conflict, environmental disasters or other "extraordinary" emergencies.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/hundreds-of-thousands-of-immigrants-legal-status-at-risk-after-talks-collapse/ar-AA13p2e2?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=065385c7dfc946bd8349a7d009a13e70
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Even if deported, they'll probably be told to turn around after leaving the country and re-enter as new illegals and be given bigger and better welfare. :headbang: 
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kamaji

Kick them the f**k out.