Author Topic: Elon Musk enters Twitter HQ carrying a sink – here’s why  (Read 733 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Elon Musk enters Twitter HQ carrying a sink – here’s why
« on: October 26, 2022, 10:18:46 pm »
American Military News by  Liz George  October 26, 2022

SpaceX and Tesla CEO Elon Musk shared a video of himself carrying a sink into Twitter’s headquarters on Wednesday as a gimmick to draw attention to his anticipated takeover of the social media giant.

“Entering Twitter HQ – let that sink in!” Musk tweeted along with video of himself carrying a sink into Twitter.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1585341984679469056

Musk also changed his Twitter bio to read “Chief Twit” on Wednesday in a move that could indicate his plans to become CEO of Twitter once his $44 billion deal to purchase the platform is finalized.

Last week, The Washington post reported that Musk is already telling investors to expect him to cut the number of employees at Twitter by 75 percent.

The cuts Musk is aiming for would bring Twitter down from about 7,500 employees to about 2,000. The planned cuts would save the company hundreds of millions in payroll while likely cutting back much of the platform’s content moderation.

More: https://americanmilitarynews.com/2022/10/video-elon-musk-enters-twitter-hq-carrying-a-sink-heres-why/

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
Re: Elon Musk enters Twitter HQ carrying a sink – here’s why
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2022, 10:42:25 pm »
In the spirit of the season,  I'd gone in as the "Grim Reaper" with a 75% banner flying from the Scythe.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2022, 10:55:49 pm »
Those 5000 layoffs will contain some of the most literally 'fascist', freaked out pink hair, anti-America, far far far far Left Communists in the nation of America, unlikely they will ever get a job anywhere else. If Musk finalizes this, he deserves a Medal of Honor for service to the country.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2022, 01:50:45 am »
Those 5000 layoffs will contain some of the most literally 'fascist', freaked out pink hair, anti-America, far far far far Left Communists in the nation of America, unlikely they will ever get a job anywhere else. If Musk finalizes this, he deserves a Medal of Honor for service to the country.
Just the disruption and angst generated by Musk's takeover in what appears to be a (ridiculously) pandering workplace likely has the snowflakes doubling their meds. The idea that laying off 5500 workers there will save hundreds of millions of dollars makes me wonder just how much these people were getting paid to censor vital information during the pandemic and beyond.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2022, 02:03:38 am »
Just the disruption and angst generated by Musk's takeover in what appears to be a (ridiculously) pandering workplace likely has the snowflakes doubling their meds. The idea that laying off 5500 workers there will save hundreds of millions of dollars makes me wonder just how much these people were getting paid to censor vital information during the pandemic and beyond.
Even the people he keeps on are in for a wild ride. The one of the first things Musk will do is to flee California like everyone else is doing, and employees will not be allowed to work from home.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Kamaji

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2022, 10:09:32 am »

If each of those 5,500 people was being paid only $25,000 a year, laying them off would save about $137 million in a single year, so no need to wonder how much they were getting paid, it almost certainly wasn’t anything hugely substantial. 

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2022, 11:03:59 pm »
Musk isn't going to fire 75% of the Twits in Twitter, what he is going to do is give 75% of the Twits the opportunity to do something different with their lives...like actually work instead of being ratbastards stifling the speech of anyone they disagree with.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2022, 08:27:06 pm »
Now, move the HQ out of Silicon Valley and somewhere into the heartland so that the garbage out doesn't get replaced with garbage in.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024