Author Topic: “Dream big and dare to fail” is great high school valedictory advice but terrible energy policy  (Read 191 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
“Dream big and dare to fail” is great high school valedictory advice but terrible energy policy
October 18, 20227:22 AM Terry Etam2 Comments

Writing about energy developments used to be fun and rewarding. It’s such a critical, complex, fascinating business that touches everything, and is everything we touch. No one understands all of it, not that I’ve ever met anyway. To write anything illuminating about energy required immersion in the energy world – the technical end, the geopolitical end, the marketing end, the production end, and on and on. It used to be a fascinating river to stand in the middle of, learning from the endless flow of exciting energy happenings.

And the interesting aspect is ramping up wildly. That flow of exciting energy developments is multiplying rapidly, and no one understands these new angles either. Given that the world demands the best of the old system along with a wish for an entirely new one, you’d think it would be the best time in history to be part of the energy scene.

So how come writing about energy these days feels like being the low guy on the totem pole at the sewage treatment plant, the sap that has to go into the bowels of the system and deal with the big ball of crud everyone flushes but isn’t supposed to?

https://boereport.com/2022/10/18/dream-big-and-dare-to-fail-is-great-high-school-valedictory-advice-but-terrible-energy-policy/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson