Author Topic: Paul Ryan: GOP Won’t Nominate Trump in 2024 — ‘Because We Want to Win’  (Read 416 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Paul Ryan: GOP Won’t Nominate Trump in 2024 — ‘Because We Want to Win’

Jeff Poor 25 Oct 2022

Tuesday on FBN’s “Varney & Company,” former House Speaker Paul Ryan (R-WI) predicted Republicans would not nominate former President Donald Trump to be the party’s 2024 nominee.

According to Ryan, “anybody not named Trump” was the GOP’s best opportunity for success.

“Is Donald Trump electable in 2024, bearing in mind that you have a history with Mr. Trump?” host Stuart Varney asked.

“Yes, bear in mind, I do have a history,” Ryan replied. “Everybody knows my — our feelings toward each other, I guess I’d say. My point is, we’re going to want to win so badly, we’re going to want to beat Biden and the Democrats in 2024, that we won’t nominate Trump because we want to win. The new swing voter in American politics is the suburban voter. And it’s really clear the suburban voter doesn’t like Trump, but they like Republicans. So I think anybody not named Trump, I think, is so much more likely to win the White House for us.”

“And it’s sort of like what the Democrats did,” he continued. “What, they went from Dean to John Kerry in ’04. They went from Bernie to Hillary in ’16. They went from Bernie and Elizabeth Warren to Joe Biden to win in 2020. And I think the same thing is going to be for us. We’re going to want to win the White House so badly and beat the Democrats. And we know we’re so much more likely to lose with Trump because of the fact that he — he is not popular with suburban voters that we’re going to want to win. And that’s why I think we have got a great stable of candidates, any of whom are really capable of not just getting the nomination but winning the general election.”

Ryan said he did not have a preference beyond anyone besides Trump.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2022/10/25/paul-ryan-gop-wont-nominate-trump-in-2024-because-we-want-to-win/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Who rattled this guy's cage!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Paul Ryan doesn't know jack about winning, only surrendering so reading this headline I have to ask "what you mean we, RINO?"

Offline Killer Clouds

Of course that is what a DCP sheeple like Ryano would say. Go back under the rock you crawled from under Ryano.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Who is the royal "we" that Ryan speaks of?

The use of the first person collective pronoun implies he is speaking for more than just himself.

Whom else was Ryan including when he was speaking of "we"?
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Paul Ryan was/is he that dick from Wisconsin?
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Why do we care what a failed Speaker and failed VP candidate says?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: