Author Topic: Members of Congress pocketed tens of thousands from lobbyists linked to China's Huawei  (Read 614 times)

Offline mountaineer

Members of Congress pocketed tens of thousands from lobbyists linked to China's Huawei
 By Gabe Kaminsky, Investigative Reporter
October 25, 2022 02:36 PM
Dozens of members of Congress accepted tens of thousands of dollars in campaign donations from lobbyists for a Chinese military-backed telecommunications firm, records show.

A total of 46 Republican and Democratic House members and senators have pocketed roughly $35,600 from five Huawei lobbyists, according to Federal Election Commission records and lobbying disclosures reviewed by the Washington Examiner. But this same multinational corporation, which is headquartered in China, may soon be banned by the U.S. government from selling new products in the United States due to the Biden administration's national security concerns. ...

Nonetheless, 33 Republicans and 13 Democrats accepted an average campaign donation of about $770 between September 2016 and June 2022 from those paid to lobby on behalf of Huawei, filings show. The lobbyists are Brian McLaughlin and Edward Newberry of Imperium Global Advisors, Glenn LeMunyon of the LeMunyon Group, Bret K. Boyles of Squire Patton Boggs, and Donald Morrissey of Huawei.

Out of the 46 lawmakers, House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy has taken the most in campaign donations from any of the lobbyists. ...
Washington Examiner
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline MajorClay

This is the stuff that drives us in the grassroots crazy.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
This is the stuff that drives us in the grassroots crazy.
Yeah, and it's probably off by an order of magnitude, too.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Yeah, and it's probably off by an order of magnitude, too.

:yowsa: More than likely.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Hoodat

Huawei hasn't created a single technological innovation since its inception.  The technology for every single thing they produce was stolen from some other company.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis