Author Topic: Ron DeSantis Takes Charlie Crist Apart in Heated Debate  (Read 487 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Ron DeSantis Takes Charlie Crist Apart in Heated Debate
« on: October 25, 2022, 01:02:28 am »
Ron DeSantis Takes Charlie Crist Apart in Heated Debate
By Bonchie | 8:30 PM on October 24, 2022

Ron DeSantis and Charlie Crist faced off on Monday evening in the first and only gubernatorial debate of the cycle. With just two weeks remaining for election day, it was the final chance for Crist to showcase his candidacy in the face of the incumbent governor’s bully pulpit.

How did it go for the Democrat? People will have to make up their own minds on that, but for my money, the beatdown by DeSantis was so thorough that I almost don’t even know where to begin. There are so many clips of him decimating Crist that I could easily cover a dozen different ones and still have more material left over.

I won’t belabor the point to that degree, but there are some highlights that are worth sharing, beginning with what was the line of the night from DeSantis.

https://twitter.com/DeSantisWarRoom/status/1584686872126947328

That rhetorical uppercut actually happened early on in the debate, and it was a preview of things to come as DeSantis just went ham on Crist. Some of the governor’s better responses came on the issue of “gender-affirming care” for children, an issue he has led on while many other Republican politicians have cowered.

https://twitter.com/FreeBeacon/status/1584688239901757440

more
https://redstate.com/bonchie/2022/10/24/ron-desantis-takes-charlie-crist-apart-in-heated-debate-n648504
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

Re: Ron DeSantis Takes Charlie Crist Apart in Heated Debate
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2022, 01:08:35 am »
Taking Crist apart in a debate would be difficult as he can't seem to decide which party to belong to
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2022, 01:39:30 am »
All that time in the tanning booth has fried Chucks brain.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2022, 01:46:10 am »
I missed it!  **nononono*
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2022, 01:49:24 am »
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2022, 02:30:01 am »
So ... I watched the majority of the debate.  The audience was disruptive to say the least.  Charlie is a good debater, and I can't stand the man.  He continually called DeSantis a liar; this is coming from a man who hasn't been able to decide what team he's on. I can tell you that Crist personally lied to my face.

One point that Crist wins on is that Ron, local weather forecasters and city managers got IAN absolutely wrong and the evacuations were a disaster.  However, Ron's response after IAN has been pretty darn impressive.

It was a good debate, but those who have lived in FL long enough to have experienced leadership under both governors know who has their backs the most = Ron Desantis. 

Online Hoodat

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2022, 03:19:07 am »
It was a good debate, but those who have lived in FL long enough to have experienced leadership under both governors know who has their backs the most = Ron Desantis.

The last President named 'Ron' had our backs, too.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-